Rating - 100%
    2   0   1
    Item
    Ruger PC9 Carbine SOLD

Contact Info
    PM

Price
    $550

Item DescriptionPC9 with Tasco Pro Point red dot, nylon sling, 2 16rd mags, 1 20 rd mag, 2 30 rd mags. This rifle is in great shape with probably less than 100 rds fired. Trying to figure out posting pics.

Last edited:

seminole1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   1
    The first PM that I got that said "I'll take It" was from dogamus rex so I'll give him some time to get back with me. Roasters Gallery, you'd be next if I don't here from him.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nope - this topic comes up all the time on this forum. This forum, unlike some major forums (S&W, Marlinowners, etc) does not state "first I'll take it" in the body of the thread is the first.

Causes confusion, but you gotta live by the rules you are given.

Oh yeah, it takes a little bit more balls to make a commitment in public, knowing if you don't follow up, a lot of folks will know.

S&W Forum Rule - "We now REQUIRE that an “I’ll Take It” be posted by the buyer in the ad, if the item sells within the first 24 hours.
    The seller must require that “I’ll Take It” be posted in the ad, if it sells within the first 24 hours."

Marlinowners forum - "The first to post "I'll take it" followed by a PM establishes the buyer. If there are issues and the deal falls apart, the item may be re-listed."

Corvette forum operates the same way, for the reason you mentioned, and obvious other ones. I was very surprised at first to find out that's NOT how it is here, but understand that's the choice this community has made, and deal with it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I'm in complete agreement with Roaster's Gallery here. To many guys post ---> "I love it,I want it,gotta have it,how much" and such silly shit.

Simple --> ON OPEN FORUM ... "I'll Take It" followed by a PM,phone call,Western Union Telegram,facetube,carrier pigeon,etc,etc. SHIT !! Common Fuckin' sense should prevail here. Problem is,from what I have been seeing ..... some of the little boys that hang out here are not now,or have ever been,a member on another forum so they don't know how to act appropriately. If I were(realizeing I'm not)a mod or admin,I'd spank 'em hard and send 'em home. (But that's just me.)
    And ...... some of the biggest offenders here "claim" to be mods on "two other forums". Yeah .. right !!

seminole ----> sorry for my above rant. Best of luck with your sale of this fairly rare weapon. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

ford

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well I'm sure I'll catch some flack for this comment but oh well that's life. I value my privacy and that of others and feel it's nobody's business what I buy or don't buy but the parties involved in the transaction, if I choose to not post in an open forum that I will take/buy something someone is selling because of that privacy that I value and like many other members on this forum have fought for the right to have, then that should far out way anybody being offended because somebody contacted the seller privately instead of announcing to the world what they "will take it" and then send a PM to the seller. It's up to the seller to be honorable in who he deems was the first person to contact him, NOT the forum, not to mention the seller has the right to not do business with someone to begin with as some folks have put as 1 of the conditions of items they are selling. Then you have the whole thing of folks having their item for sale or trade listed on multiple forums or other places. This is after all a place to be able to sell and trade items between 2 individuals in what is considered "Private Transaction", be thankful we are still able to do that as everybody knows if the government had it's way they would ban that thus these forums would be null and void anyways. Most of us are adults on here and generally act as such but every now and then we act like spoiled brats over the dumbest things or over some of the most important things like a person's right to privacy. I've been guilty of thinking that I was first before when I wasn't due to the very thing I'm talking about, I acted like a someone took my toy from me when I was a kid. That was one of those times that I acted like a child instead of an adult and I'm not proud of it but I'm also man enough to admit when I'm wrong or have acted that way. I've done business with a lot of folks on here and I think for the most part the folks I've done business with will say I'm a stand up guy and everything goes smooth. I just value my privacy for more than just the fact it's nobody's business but I also don't want to advertise to would be thieves what I have thus making myself a potential target either.

Seminole SORRY for giving my opinion on the whole contact thing on your thread as well. Good luck with the sell of your item as it seems you won't have an issue doing so.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Well said, Ford. For me, this is the first, and only forum I'm on, and the only forum I cared to be on. I ventured out a while back and encountered Yankee style douche-baggery, so I threw both middle fingers in the air and came home. We've got a pretty good thing going here, and I hope it stays just the way it is.
    I DO NOT think a public "I'll take it" should be required. In fact, in my ads, I ask for an "I'll take it" through PM for privacy reasons. I'll then sell to the first "I'll take it" provided that it's for the full asking price, and we are able to arrange for the transaction to take place in a timely manner.
    However, I reserve the right to do business with whomever I please, and I've yet to exercise this right, but if I get a pm from someone I don't like or want to do business with, it is MY RIGHT to refuse sale to any particular person for ANY reason I please. Cheers!

Last edited:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow a lot of grumpy old farts around here. It's up to the buyer who he decides to sell to so piss off. Hopefully he does the right thing and sells to the first person that says he will take it but if he doesn't who gives a shit, it's just a frigging gun. I'm with Ford I can't stand people knowing my private business.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh and I hope Dogamus got the gun. I believe I've dealt with him a couple times 8n the past and he was a no BS kinda guy. Showed up when he said he would, paid what he said he would. A+ in my book

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thanks guys. I did do the PM . I have always done it that way. the way it should be done I thought. Been looking for that particular gun a while now, got lucky and met another forum brother.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom