• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nb&twil

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Item Marlin XS7 bolt action rifle. 7mm-08 stainless/synthetic. Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 Fine Multi-X reticle.

Location Navarre, FL

Contact Info PM me on here.

Price $900

Item Description I have owned this gun for a little over a year. It has been one of my favorite guns I've ever owned, but it doesn't look like I'll be hunting next year, and maybe not the following year either, so it doesn't need to sit in the safe for 18-30 months!
    The Marlin bolt action rifles hit the market about 5 years ago and have received nothing but great reviews. I read enough, and finally decided to get this 7-08 so my wife would have an option if she wanted to come hunt. She never even shot the thing, but I sure have enjoyed it! This one has the stainless action/barrel and black synthetic stock. Has a 2-stage trigger (similar to Savage's Accutrigger - but better in my opinion).
    The scope is only a few months old and has been a sweet addition to the rifle. The Elite 6500 has a HUGE range of power 2.5-16 with a 42mm objective and 30mm tube. I was a little hesitant about spending that much money on a Bushnell, but I sure am glad I did. Excellent clarity and a nice field of view at all powers.
    The scope rings are Burris Signature and in my opinion just about the best rings you can get. They simply don't move, plus they come with shims if you ever wanted to lap out the rings, now you don't have to. Simply change the shims for a .010" adjustment up or down.
    Additionally, I'll include about a box and a half of Federal Premium Vital Shok 140 grain Nosler Ballistic tip bullets.
    The rifle can be found locally for about $400 and a quick google search found the scope for $660-900.The rings would run you around $65. Ammo is worth another $60
    Excellent rifle with little recoil, but a proven deer killing round.
    I think $900 is a fair price for a rifle that would run you over $1200 to build. Then you'd have to bore sight her, and hit the range. This rifle comes shooting 1" groups around 1.5" high at 100yds.

Last edited:

nb&twil

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would also sell the scope by itself for $650 with the rings (fit Weaver style base)

nb&twil

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sold pending funds.
    Man I hate to let this one go. But I guess it's the right thing to do.

nb&twil

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The gentleman that wanted it had to back out. So it is back on the market.
    $900 is still the price.
    Thanks for looking.

nb&twil

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got some unexpected repairs to make on the house coming up soon. Price drop to $800.
    Face to face sale only. No shipping - sorry if that's a deal breaker.

nb&twil

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd like to keep them together. But if I change my mind, I'll let you know.

nb&twil

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Price drop to $650. Had some unexpected expenses pop up and need the cash ASAP. Let's get this thing gone.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom