• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bump, only reason it's up for sale is cause I have another Chinese example.

Figure a AK guy starting out or experienced will be able to appreciate this rifle for what it is. This as close to a type 56 you can get before you get into 2k polytech prices. These are not your standard euro or combloc AKMs. Very cool back story and construction used in these examples are very cool.

The blued finish is excellent and unique in the AK world, and the wood set is awesome and fitted snug as a bug. Classic Chinese blonde color. Buttery action, you will not be disappointed in this investment. I know I wasn't and have enjoyed it in the time I have had her.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    $300 is pretty tempting but I think I will have to hold onto it for that.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bump let’s do 1k guys. It’s worth it to the right AK guy. This is an exceptional example of the Type 56 without the 2k price mark they are asking for and mostly getting for the Poly.
    Truly awesome example of a Chinese AK. Banned from import, what is here is here, no mas. If you are an AK guy you need an Asian in your life.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nice try Pedro ....

How is the milled stock fitted and what is the bottom tang attached to? Nice job. BTW that was probably originally a Polytech rifle you have there, remarked Norinco. Can't quite tell from pic but the area where the importer marks are is where it would have been marked poly technologies. Receivers got heavily buffed there to remove the poly markings. The color of receiver pins also hints to a Poly.

Attachments

• IMG_2196.jpg
      IMG_2196.jpg
      311.4 KB · Views: 223
    Last edited:

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice try Pedro ....

How is the milled stock fitted and what is the bottom tang attached to? Nice job. BTW that was probably originally a Polytech rifle you have there, remarked Norinco. Can't quite tell from pic but the area where the importer marks are is where it would have been marked poly technologies. Receivers got heavily buffed there to remove the poly markings. The color of receiver pins also hints to a Poly.
    That makes sense. Everything on this MAK feels and looks exactly like my Poly except the bayo lug and no cleaning rod. Other than that you would have hard pressed to tell the difference in the MAK and the Poly.

I had to splice on an extra piece of fitted wood to the milled stock end. Wood glue and screws with wood glue filling the holes. The I carefully fitted it since the receiver is thicker. Lot of light sanding and checking fit.

Then I refilled the top holes so they were a fresh thread for a tight secure fit. For the bottom it was already cut out for the lower tang on milled guns so I bought a lower tang and cut it to fit and screwd it in place where it usually goes on the stock. The edge sits under a handguard ferrel I modified to clean up all the lines and make it look factory. I have seen this on a couple of pictures on very early AKs and looked cool, kinda with they still made em like that. No modifications were done to the receiver at all.

Really hope someone that can appreciate this piece scoops it up. I just don’t need two Chinese examples so one has to go.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I refused the sale to the potential buyer, I had my reasons. Anyway still available.......

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was a response from Armslist. Shady guy just too many red flags for me personally

Ambien_Doc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All the more reason to use this forum or just unfortunately rely on GunBroker.... Sorry you had an issue. Stay safe out there!

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Weekend bump. AK guys this is geared towards you. It’s basically a 56s without bayo lug and cleaning rod. Hot blue finish is gorgeous, I value these more than Arsenal, not only in collectability but quality is just as good if not better. The rivet work from the Chinese factory is truly impressive. For this AK collectors missing an Asian, here is a great one for ya

Last edited:

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bump Getting the black rifle itch again.....may trade for AR15 rifles or carbines

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bump happy Halloween all. Open to offers and trades. 2 low end AR15s, mid shelf plus cash or maybe a top shelf straight across. Piston driven really interests me in AR15s, also will trade for a reliable AR10

Will trade straight across for a slide fire stick.......that’s a joke, just laughing at all the guys trying to get 500 and up for a piece of plastic that “could” be banned. Oh America and the almighty dollar

Last edited:

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bump. Raised to ridiculous price on other sites to blow the minds of the $200 offer guys lol. I have more fun receiving crazy offers than anything else. Price low, still offer 200 less, price market value? Still get super lowballed. Price high and just laugh at the people that freak out lol.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bump, open to offers but not moving much left of where it is at right now. You gotta see this beauty in person to appreciate. Can do trade plus cash, or trade straight across if fair, but cannot add cash right now sorry. Unless you wanna multi gun trade for this and something else I have listed if you have something really cool.

Love surplus and military style rifles in general of all kinds. May trade for the right AR15, but really on the fence on a really sweet offer already that is hard to beat. I am just really trying to talk myself into it.

Love this rifle and you would too. If you have never experienced a Chicom AK47 they are a whole other animal. Think VEPR type robustness. Built leaning more towards original AK47 specs as opposed to AKM and history as to why is really cool if you read up on it. Not only that the history of Norinco and how they got banned from importing in the US is pretty interesting. Someday these MAK90s will be 2k rifles like the Polytechs are. They continue to climb in value and collectability. All that and they are an awesome example of a Kalashnikov. Laser straight everything, accurate, boring reliable. etc etc.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom