• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    115   0   0
    WOW! A real delicacy. Almost as expensive as caviar. Did you find them on Amazon? An acquaintance has a persimmon tree. He puts a tent of screen material over the tree when it has fruit. If he doesn't the birds will peck at the fruit and ruin the fruit. He said the birds are really attracted to the persimmons.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WOW! A real delicacy. Almost as expensive as caviar. Did you find them on Amazon? An acquaintance has a persimmon tree. He puts a tent of screen material over the tree when it has fruit. If he doesn't the birds will peck at the fruit and ruin the fruit. He said the birds are really attracted to the persimmons.
    usually one can find them on amazon and ebay.

Bird do peck some of them, but what will really do things in if they are left on the tree are possums and raccoons. If there is a problem, grow the astringent persimmons and pick before that are fully ripe allow to ripen in the home. The non-astringent persimmons are edible before they ripe and it is harder to defeat the possums and raccoons. I have dogs that keep the raccoons, possums, coyotes, etc away. But the birds will some, but usually not most of them. The dogs may also get some fruit that is their due for protecting most of them.
    Raccoon killed by my dogs.

IMG_20201117_075546 (1).jpg

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Season greetings to the apple tree according to ancient english traditions and having a good time doing it.
    WASSAIL

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like the P-stems of my bananas survided the texas cold wave. Now I need to go clean them up.

1615156363984.jpeg

1615156457360.jpeg

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    115   0   0
    Season greetings to the apple tree according to ancient english traditions and having a good time doing it.
    WASSAIL

Interesting. So this is the source of that song. I never knew what Wassailing was before. I didn't know there were evil spirits in orchards that were frightened off by torches either.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting. So this is the source of that song. I never knew what Wassailing was before. I didn't know there were evil spirits in orchards that were frightened off by torches either.
    Was Sail is drinking to the health, in this they are wassailing the apple trees. Sometimes about Christmas, I have seen wine being sold with spices to be prepared for a wassail drink. There are recipes for making it.

1615607623245.png

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom