• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikenjapan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just used frog lube on a gun for the first time. This gun was hardly ever fired before I owned it and I cleaned it well with Hoppes #9 and oiled with Rem oil when I got it. I used the degreaser that comes with the Frog lube, heated the slide and barrel in the oven and the frame with a blow dryer. Applied it, let it sit for 10 minutes, and wiped it down. The slide feels like butter now. Wow! I am impressed with this stuff.

mikenjapan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You should definitely try it JW. I was skeptical at first. I will let you know how easy it is to clean after being shot. I may go shoot it today. Supposedly it makes cleaning nothing more than a wipe down.

mikenjapan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    50 rounds shot today. No issues. Smells good. A simple wipe down and a light relube. Carbon, etc just came right off with no scrubbing. I like it. Even though I could not see it on the gun after I applied it, it definitely was there upon disassembly. It must, as they claim, get absorbed in the metal.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I might sound dumb but this kind of lube that is baked on. Is it so you don't have use CLP or any other lubricant when shooting? I'm asking because I have always just used the standard CLP.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    You heat it to expand the pores in the metal so that the lube is absorbed as deeply as possible.

mikenjapan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No other lube needed. Heat parts in an oven or with a blow dryer . It is a paste that liquefies when it hits the warm metal. There is a small tube of lube included for points that you absolutely want lubed, but you only need a few drops.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    +1 on the Frog Lube. I've been using it for about two years on all my handguns, polymer and 1911. 0 problems. Just got an AK a while back, but haven't gotten around to shooting it yet. But its definitely getting the FL treatment before I do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom