• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABlaster

Marksman
    I've started reading Fox and MSNBC in the morning to see what's up in the world, but on Fox I try to read an article and they block some articles unless you agree to give them your email address, create an account, and give them access to what appears to be a lot of information.

This is the text from the page:

"By entering your email, you are agreeing to Fox News Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, which includes our Notice of Financial Incentive. To access the content, check your email and follow the instructions provided."

Has anyone here filled out the form to read the articles?

M60Gunner

Master
    Agreed. I did enjoy a free year of subscription to Fox to watch Tucker, due to being a vet. This was before they fired Tucker. Once it expired I just never watched again. There were some really interesting shows on there like castles of Europe and stuff my wife liked.

tros6t

Marksman
    I've started reading Fox and MSNBC in the morning to see what's up in the world, but on Fox I try to read an article and they block some articles unless you agree to give them your email address, create an account, and give them access to what appears to be a lot of information.

"By entering your email, you are agreeing to Fox News Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, which includes our Notice of Financial Incentive. To access the content, check your email and follow the instructions provided."

MSNBC, you just as well read the comics! Fox is sometimes a tad better! But it’s a free country, for now, so read on!-:)

ABlaster

Marksman
    MSNBC, you just as well read the comics! Fox is sometimes a tad better! But it’s a free country, for now, so read on!-:)
    If I read MSNBC I can better prepare for what my more liberal friends are going to bring to a debate, and I really do like having both sides of a story.

What I was reading after I posted this was that apparently Google is going to end the use of third-party cookies in 2024, and this is the way online businesses keep the advertising dollars flowing (remember, if you're not paying for the product, you *are* the product). I also read from people who had signed up with Fox that unsubscribing from the emails they send is difficult and takes a lot of steps and time. No first-hand info on that, but there were several posts complaining about it.

Neil222

Shooter
    If I read MSNBC I can better prepare for what my more liberal friends are going to bring to a debate, and I really do like having both sides of a story.

What I was reading after I posted this was that apparently Google is going to end the use of third-party cookies in 2024, and this is the way online businesses keep the advertising dollars flowing (remember, if you're not paying for the product, you *are* the product). I also read from people who had signed up with Fox that unsubscribing from the emails they send is difficult and takes a lot of steps and time. No first-hand info on that, but there were several posts complaining about it.
    I created a burner account on yahoo and gave Fox that address. I’m not the only one. I tried create a yahoo account “foxaccount” and received a rejection as someone else had already created that account.

GeoW

Shooter
    No news media is to be trusted. Time was you couldn't believe it all but now you can't believe any of it. You are targeted for your $$$ only and you are fed BS that makes you feel good..nothing more. The truth does not always feel good.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    They also reported that Trump is the front runner for the 2024 election.

I don’t need to share my email to know this type of info. Zerohedge.com is getting my views.

Ric-san

Master
    I actually-mailed Fox News about the stupid idea of me signing up for “free” news….told them they’re going to lose a ton of readers….may have to do the “burner” thing…

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!

If you have a phone or iPad you can request the “reader” view which allows you to read the article. This works on most paywalls.

Viking1204

Master
    I gave them my junk email address one time but won't anymore. They have not emailed me since that one time I gave them my email address except to give me access to that article. Now I just ignore any of those articles requiring email and look for the story elsewhere.

Carl

Master
    I noticed that with the free version of proton vpn the signup is bypassed

Last edited:
    Top Bottom