• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good morning everyone. Does anyone here know if there's any generic pistol mounts for the late model Ford trucks that allow a pistol to be mounted outside of the console or within easy reach of the driver? I've seen a couple on ebay but is was looking for real world experience if anyone has any. I'd be willing to build something too if anyone has done that.

DangDang

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We use to zip tie an old holster to the emergency brake. Isn’t there some kinda law in Florida about legal to open carry going to/during/from hunting/fishing/camping?

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Rule number one for contact while driving is to simply drive away. Distance is your friend.

That being said, in my Ford truck there's at least a half dozen places to conceal guns of all different shapes and sizes, and all within arms reach, bone stock from the factory... specifically what year, make and model do you have?

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rule number one for contact while driving is to simply drive away. Distance is your friend.

That being said, in my Ford truck there's at least a half dozen places to conceal guns of all different shapes and sizes, and all within arms reach, bone stock from the factory... specifically what year, make and model do you have?
    Indeed. I've got a 23 F150 Lariat with the full length console.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    IMHO, the best place for a firearm is in a holster on your body. Unless you're selling drugs or chasing hookers, it's more likely for you to be involved in a vehicle accident and then the firearm could end up anywhere. If you have the capability, I'd place it in the center console, in a holster, if you can't have it "on you".

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMHO, the best place for a firearm is in a holster on your body. Unless you're selling drugs or chasing hookers, it's more likely for you to be involved in a vehicle accident and then the firearm could end up anywhere. If you have the capability, I'd place it in the center console, in a holster, if you can't have it "on you".
    This.

Reactions: ccc

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Multiple firearms solves that issue ;)
    Two is one and one is none...

At any point in time I have half a dozen within reach, in my home and in my truck and especially on my person. I was concealed carrying several last night. If you have a reason to carry a gun, carry two. A pucker factor of 10 is good positive reinforcement to never be out of arms reach of as many guns as you can afford and hide :) all comes down to whether or not you've ever used your gun and whether or not you've had that "oh crap" moment when you didn't have your gun in your time of need. I've had home invasions, car invasions and been held up in my own front yard and at the Whataburger... in my off time. West Pensacola sucks and I don't recommend anybody ever spending any amount of time there if they can avoid it. At work I've had three active shooter situations. Before all that, on active duty, that was a whole another matter.

Always on your person, always.
    And your truck

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Use the seat pocket on the back of the passenger seat with a clip on iwb holster. ( best use for one) My fix. Or use shoulder, chest rig!!!
    or the seat belt shoulder strap

both of my Marathon seat covers in the trucks have a pistol pocket in the front of the drivers seat...one of them has a rifle pouch on the back of the seat covers.

Top Bottom