• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ammo. I got some of these for sd. For ultra concealed carry.. Haven't tested them yet.
    I did not know this ammunition. In this a picture is worth a lot of words
    1598835399205.png

You will most likely need a long barrel to get that high velocity. I would find out what velocity you will get from a small pistol.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ruger Mark II or III. For the money, they're the best feeding, shooting, and accurate guns available in 22lr. Absolute tack drivers. If you're looking for a concealed carry gun, they're not the one. If you want a range gun, then look no further.

Orion

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Definitely take a look at the Taurus TX 22. I have one and it is Excellent. I read up on it alot before I got it and all reviews were great. They were right. I think they cost about $250. When I got mine it had a $50 rebate, so about $200. Great, fun gun.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have this one - and no, it does not come with the harmonica, :). It was my Xmas present package.

I have improved almost immediately with my awareness of: trigger control, sight acquisition, target awareness, grip tighness and shaking/stabilizing the gun. And save me money when going to the range to shoot real ammo.
    I practice inside the home. No issues. No noise. No distractions and, as my husband says: Only the sound and the joy of not blowing money with every shot.
    In a time like this where ammo is in shortage, you can still shoot everyday and save your range fees also by shotting from the comfort of your home.

20191224_212354.jpg

doc.holliday

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any of the Ruger Marks, Ruger 22/45 Lite.
    All of mine have yet to fail. And I shoot all brands/types of ammunition. Consistently hit golf balls on a string at 25 yards.
    That's all I have been shooting lately, saving up my ammunition supply.

Have a good one
    Ray

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

chibooey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It really depends on what you're going to use it for and what fits & works for you. Any of the ones on your list would probably be fine as long as they fit you well and serve your purpose. You might consider renting some to try out. Oak Ridge range in Gulf Breeze/Midway rents guns, but I don't know what .22s they have to rent. If I had to choose one on the linked list, it'd be the Ruger Mark IV.

For me, my favorite target .22 is my S&W Model 41, but these are fairly heavy (for a .22) and quite pricey nowadays. For simple plinking/target fun, I think the ATI/GSC 1911 .22s are hard to beat for the price, but hey, I'm a 1911 kind of guy so YMMV. They are made in Germany and mine (I have 2) have functioned perfectly. Prices and availability vary online, but I paid less than $240 each for mine. They are very light, and the first time I pulled the slide back on one, it was so easy I thought they'd forgotten to install the recoil spring. Good luck finding the perfect one for you.

The ATI/GSG comes in Black, two-tone Black & Silver, and Tan. Here is one of mine...(my other one is the 2-tone)...
    View attachment 90888 M
    My absolute favorite 22 handgun.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    For me the Ruger 512's. With 5.5" heavy bbl they seem to balance perfect. Either in the standard grip or the 22/45 grip.
    Perfect training gun also. ---- SAWMAN

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    If it were for self defense I would look into a better quality revolver with shorter barrel and medium or smaller frame. Some revolvers come with 10 shot cyclinders. For self defense with rimfire cartridges, the revolver does have an edge. If the cartridge does not fire a pull of the trigger and that chamber is out of the way to fire the next one in line.
    I have an S&W 41 and they are often not happy with many brands of low velocity ammo. Mine will handle CCI standard velocity, but not Aguila standard velocity that shoots fine in other pistols. I think they sell for about $1,300 or so these days.

View attachment 90907
    Where is the drool emoji...

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Going to Oakridge to handle what they have is a great idea. If they don’t have what you are looking for right now. I live in Gulf Breeze and have a few 22’s you are more than welcome to test drive. I have the S&W compact, Ruger Mark III and Mark IV Lite.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can we return to the beginning?
    The best .22lr is a conversion kit for the sidearm that you intend to carry to protect You & Yours on a daily situation.
    Going to carry a Kimber 1911? .22LR Kimber Conversion.
    Going to carry a Glock? .22LR Glock Conversion.
    About those Revolvers, how about purchasing a .22LR version of the Duty Revolver.

So about that best .22LR for your money, Select the one that mimics the sidearm you intend to defend you & yours with, then shoot the Helloutofit till you become proficient. JMHO.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    For me the Ruger 512's. With 5.5" heavy bbl they seem to balance perfect. Either in the standard grip or the 22/45 grip.
    Perfect training gun also. ---- SAWMAN

I’ve got two KMK512s I bought in the early 80s for around $200 on sale. I shoot them more than any of the others.

Top Bottom