• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

nb&twil

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Item
    Howa M1500 chambered in 7mm Rem Mag.
    Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x50 (30mm tube) scope with Fine Multi-X reticle.

Contact Info
    PM or reply to thread

Price
    $1150 No trades

Item Description
    I purchased this gun a few weeks ago to take on my first Kansas rifle season hunt. Absolutely awesome rifle. But I don't really need it since I probably won't be going back to Kansas next year and I already have my "Florida gun" to use around here. Therefore, someone has an opportunity to pick up a sweet shooter at a great price.
    The Howa M1500 comes with a Hogue overmolded stock with an incredible feel. If you're not familiar with these Hogue stocks, do some research, you'll be impressed! If I'm not mistaken, it has the exact same action as the Weatherby Vanguard (super smooth, crisp, feels like a quality rifle should). The rifle I have for sale comes in the OD green color with blued barrel.
    The scope is a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x50 with side parallax adjustment. I stumbled across one of these scopes last year, and have since bought 4 of the Elite 6500 scopes. It's the best scope I've ever owned below $1000 retail. Waterproof construction on a 30mm tube. Just an awesome scope with plenty of variation in the magnification. The low end, 2.5x is great for low light shooting and closer range shots that are so common around here, while the upper end, 16x provides a crisp larger image for long shots. I found myself watching deer at 800-1500 yards through my scope more than my binos while in Kansas.
    They are married together with solid steel Burris XTR bases and Leupold PRW rings. In other words, there will be no movement of the scope. Period.
    Additionally, the rifle is sighted about 1.5" high at 100yards and zeroed at 200 yards with Hornady's American Whitetail ammunition (interlock SP bullets), and comes with a full box of said ammo.
    If you were to build this rifle, you'd be looking at almost $1500 (rifle-$550. scope-$780. bases-$40. rings-$80). You might save a few bucks if you shopped online and rolled the dice buying from someone you don't know. Plus, you would have to spend the time at the range to get dialed in with whatever round you're shooting, and this one is already shooting 1" groups with an excellent hunting round AND comes with a full box of that ammo.
    I would love to hang on to this rifle since it shoots and feels so great, but with the wife's Christmas list, and fact that I probably won't use it much over the next 12-24 months, I figure I can let her go and just get the exact same thing next time I get the opportunity.

nb&twil

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can text or email pictures for anyone interested in taking a closer look.
    Thanks.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom