• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am too, but money is short for some folks and not everyone knows this caliber as the best all around AR caliber you can get.

Dang Frank. Hurry up and get rid of this thing. I sold my 6.8 and have been sick ever since. I don't have the money to buy it You are right about the caliber. 6.8 hard to beat for our woods. Great for whitetail, yotes and pigs

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    DaBreeze, you know you need it.

Hell i would even trade in part for a side by side, a raised golf cart, a truck w a 4cly, Shooting houses, or add in some guns as a partial trade, can't hurt email or PM your trades!

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    DaBreeze, you know you need it.

Hell i would even trade in part for a side by side, a raised golf cart, a truck w a 4cly, Shooting houses, or add in some guns as a partial trade, can't hurt email or PM your trades!

Frank
    How about you holding a mortgage on my house for it ?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    NO, I cannot give up a confidentiality...sorry

Boy he is really gonna owe me now!!! LOL

The 6.8 come w some ammo, don't wait too long on this gun!

I would even trade in part for a side by side, a raised golf cart, a truck w a 4cly, Shooting houses, or add in some guns as a partial trade, can't hurt email or PM your trades!

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is it hard to find ammo in this cal? And is it pricey? What are the pros of the round? Very interested . I've been thinking of adding a new caliber to the growing arsonel and would appreciate any advice or input on this round.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    There are 6 or 7 of these being used at our lease now. Same parts as any AR 15 but for the mags, bolt and barrel. The ammo is available at Silver State Armory, Midway and a variety of other typical places. Federal is due to release their offering in March, Tula later in the year. Hunting ammo runs $1-1.50, plinking ammo .70 till the Federal then the Tula comes out. Heavy reloading data available. Everything you need to know about the caliber and ammo can be found at the best caliber specific forum on the internet. http://68forums.com/forums

The caliber is very accurate and new bolt guns are showing up at this time, many of the best manufactures are on the 6.8 forum. LWRC/ Federal/Pmag has 6 nation foreign contract for thousands of rifles and millions of rds in ammo being fulfilled at this time.
    The easy answer is it is the best all round AR round on the market, taking deer, hogs, elk, bears, mulies. I say 0 to 300 yds for me, however it is effective to 500-600 yds by better shooters than myself. It is the fastest growing/used caliber in the AR platform other than the 223/556, about 70-80% the power of a 308 on the lighter AR15 platform.

From the forum:
    The 6.8

The 6.8X43 was developed as an improved CQB cartridge by the 5th Group Special Forces, it is now very popular with hog hunters because of the devastating performance combined with the AR15 platform.
    It has apx 80% of the performance of the 308 in a much lighter platform.

There is no doubt in my mind the 5.56 makes the most sense for a training, 3 gun, varmint or a HD round, they feed with no issues, everyone makes mags and every part is cheap. There is just no need to look for any other caliber when considering the uses above.
    The 6.8 has a dual use as well, it can be a very effective legal hunting cartridge and a HD round also. The terminal performance on game is much better than most other cartridges, making it the best choice for deer and hogs. Several Goverenment agencies have moved to the 6.8 because it offers 80% of the power of a 308 on a much lighter platform. It is the second most popular AR15 cartridge in terms of sales and suppliers.

Corbon------110 TTSX
    --------------115 SMK
    --------------115 subsonic
    DoubleTap--95TTSX
    ---------------110 Vmax
    ---------------115 FMJ
    ---------------110TTSX
    ---------------110 OTM
    Hornady-----110 Vmax
    ---------------110 OTM
    ---------------120 SST
    Hunting Shack-110 Vmax
    ---------------115 OTM
    Rem.---------115 FMJ
    ---------------115 HPBT
    --------------115 corelokt
    --------------115SMK
    Sellier&Bellot-110 TTSX
    -----------------110 Vmax
    SSA------------85 TSX------------SSAs loads available in Commercial and Tactical velocities
    ----------------95 frangable
    ----------------97 AP
    ----------------100 Nosler Accubond
    ----------------110 Nosler Accubond
    ----------------110 Sierra Pro hunter
    ----------------110 TTSX
    ----------------115 SMK

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    For Sale: AR-15 6.8 SPCII Complete Destin, FL

Tired of over paying for a weak kneed 223/556? get what the Special Forces developed!

Order one from Stag today and the wait is 9 mos to a year

The 6.8X43 was developed as an improved CQB cartridge by the 5th Group Special Forces, it is now very popular with hog hunters because of the devastating performance combined with the AR15 platform.
    It has apx 80% of the performance of the 308 in a much lighter platform.

Lower NFA, Commercial Magpul Butt Stock CTR and Grip, 1 25 rd mag

Stag M4 Profile 16" chrome lined 1-11 twist 4 groove, forged and mil spec Stag upper, very accurate, 100 or less rds thru it. YHM Compensator, Troy Extreme 9" FDE handguard with rails, Stag BCG, Badger Tac charging handle release.

This comes w the original barrel nut and handguard, also the Troy barrel nut wrench

Aimpoint 9000L Red Dot This has the see thru scope covers installed

$2550 FTF Destin, FL, you must be legally able to purchase a gun in FL.

Pigman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just killed a nice Texas Cull buck with this caliber and a bunch of hogs this past weekend. Great round.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom