Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

For jj and others . . .

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
. . . that can't shoot as good as me.
These are the range cards that USN marksmanship instructors used back in the day.
I am sure that the teaching techniques have changed since my time of using them. Not saying these cards do not have flaws or need to be tweaked.
These answers to the observed shooting problems worked great with the students that didn't already "know everything" and/or had never shot a pistol in their life.
These cards were used with the full sized milspec 1911's. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

Fathertime

Reaction score
We also shot with these using 38 revolvers, back in the day.

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
I taught the 38 revo also but for some reason we did not use these. Can't remember why. --- SAWMAN

donr101395

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, you can print those as a target as well. I've used them in the past.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
don, are they pretty much the same as the new/modern/up to date ones ??
Notice the small differences in the right hand side and left hand side.
Kinda funny how times have changed . . . or not changed. --- SAWMAN

Fathertime

Reaction score
I taught the 38 revo also but for some reason we did not use these. Can't remember why. --- SAWMAN
We used them because they were probably some other units leftovers, when i was onboard my ship in the 70's and also in the seabees later on we didn't have much optar money to be able to buy new we had to beg and borrow, what ever it took. We weren't an elite unit like you were in.

donr101395

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yep, pretty much the same as far as I can tell. They are good for basic diagnosis and a great starting point especially for a new shooter.

oneshot

Reaction score
Bill used that a lot in the past I thank I still have some laying around some place, retied like me, You now have people trying to learn from watching U-tube, If you watch enough you develop muscle memory. Trigger time does not count any more. Just take a ccw short class, use your hunter safety, you got 20 yrs ago . 2 hr gun show class. or a 3 hr sat down living .room . then there is the DD-214 you got 10 yrs ago. and never even fire a firearm but 20 times, but I now know what to do to stay out of jail. I could go on but I will stop at this point. Oh forgot. I go to the range once a month,I can hit the target from 25 yds in the center. Just my 2 cents jj

Toggle Sidebar
Top Bottom