• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just got in mail few days ago, I know there is a lot of folks on here who know a lot about food plot stuff. This magizine is called whitetail news, it is all bout food plots in every part of the USA. They have seed deals an have sent me sample packs in the past, a wealth of knowledge from folks which is all they do !!! Phone num. is 334-281-3006, magizine is free, you will not be disappointed , Soil samples as well, Denny in pace !!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have been getting that mag for some years now. I signed up for it at one of the FWC/UWF siminars about hogs and deer.
    There is good info in the mag not only about plot prep,but other things for the people that cultivate for deer,turkey,etc. Great insurance info also.
    Wish that I could afford to "do it right". --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah . . . me too. Nowadays we do not try for a plot that looks like the ones that are shown on TV on them hunting shows. IMO . . . will never happen down here in Fla with the HOT !! weather right up until the first of Oct.
    For the most part our soil is pretty shitty also. Of course I would agree that you can lime and fert the heck out of it . . however . . I really do not feel that takes the place of mother nature nutrient enriched dirt. You can do what ever you want to our soil but you still pretty much got white sand and red clay.
    We are left with the ol stanbys of wheat,oats,rye,clover,several of the broadleafs,and a couple of the root crops. In the past,purple top turnips,rape,and chufas,has done pretty well. Also take a look at the different millets and milo for something different. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I've never been the one to plant any seed with a picture of a deer on the bag. Just can't seem to bring myself to pay the $30+ per bag. --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom