• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • destinangler

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a question. What exactly is allowed in Florida's new concealed carry law. I want to make sure I understand exactly what I can and cannot do.
    Thanks

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    I have a question. What exactly is allowed in Florida's new concealed carry law. I want to make sure I understand exactly what I can and cannot do.
    Thanks
    on the back of my Florida CC permit ......direct inquiries 850 245 5691 ,get the official info from them . I went with a permit rather than constitutional carry because it lets me buy a gun with no wait ,there are no issues with having a firearm in your car , out of state carry if they recognize it. There are other differences but get them from the source florida . I think the 4 hour class with a qualifying weapon test is worth it ,just under 200 bucks total for class and permit ......very smooth process imho

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Florida CC Permit as mentioned above allows you to carry out of state as long as the state you are in recognizes Florida Permit’s. Fairly certain having my Florida Permit kept me from getting a ticket in Georgia and just getting a verbal warning. Georgia State Trooper looked at my license and permit then told me to be more careful.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We don't have an "Open Carry"... nothing changes in respect to the prohibition on OC.

Prohibited places of CC carry are still prohibited places of carry.

Other than not needing a license to CC, nothing changed really.

The statutory exceptions to OC didn't change.

destinangler

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    on the back of my Florida CC permit ......direct inquiries 850 245 5691 ,get the official info from them . I went with a permit rather than constitutional carry because it lets me buy a gun with no wait ,there are no issues with having a firearm in your car , out of state carry if they recognize it. There are other differences but get them from the source florida . I think the 4 hour class with a qualifying weapon test is worth it ,just under 200 bucks total for class and permit ......very smooth process imho
    I have been cautious of getting a CC permit as I believe the next Democrat president will make owning a gun illegal and the first people they will go after will be everyone that has a CC permit. As they know you have guns. The world is going to hell right now and I want to CC but want to make sure I am 100% legal in Florida. Won't take it out of state but want to carry in state.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Florida CC Permit as mentioned above allows you to carry out of state as long as the state you are in recognizes Florida Permit’s. Fairly certain having my Florida Permit kept me from getting a ticket in Georgia and just getting a verbal warning. Georgia State Trooper looked at my license and permit then told me to be more careful.
    more careful about what?

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have been cautious of getting a CC permit as I believe the next Democrat president will make owning a gun illegal and the first people they will go after will be everyone that has a CC permit. As they know you have guns. The world is going to hell right now and I want to CC but want to make sure I am 100% legal in Florida. Won't take it out of state but want to carry in state. think the government doesn't already know.
    It's foolish logic. To think the government doesn't know what you have because you don't have CC permit.

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    I have been cautious of getting a CC permit as I believe the next Democrat president will make owning a gun illegal and the first people they will go after will be everyone that has a CC permit. As they know you have guns. The world is going to hell right now and I want to CC but want to make sure I am 100% legal in Florida. Won't take it out of state but want to carry in state.
    No where in the process was i asked if i possess a firearm ,the permit says " concealed WEAPON or firearm license " . If the government starts a gun grab the world has already gone to hell . IMHO just get the fla permit it lessens many of the ambiguous constitutional carry "what if's " about carrying .

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    more careful about what?
    I was merging onto 3 lane interstate when car on the inside lane decided to switch to the outside lane. The car grazed my car and then took almost a half mile to get stopped. Due to the fact that I was merging onto the interstate it was automatically my fault even though I was doing 70/mph and in the outside lane when hit. The other driver had no damage and left after we exchanged info. Georgia has reciprocity with Florida so yes I was legally allowed to carry concealed

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I was merging onto 3 lane interstate when car on the inside lane decided to switch to the outside lane. The car grazed my car and then took almost a half mile to get stopped. Due to the fact that I was merging onto the interstate it was automatically my fault even though I was doing 70/mph and in the outside lane when hit. The other driver had no damage and left after we exchanged info. Georgia has reciprocity with Florida so yes I was legally allowed to carry concealed
    thanks...I thought you were referring to a specifically gun related incident. I know there is reciprocity with several states, including GA...main reason I will continue to keep my concealed license. I've had them from GA, AL and FL as I moved around.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom