• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have two older adults a husband & wife that are interested in taking their firearms safety training class so that they can apply for their Florida Concealed weapons permit. Both have done some shooting but need some more gun handling skills.

What courses are offered in the Pensacola area? What do they entail , how long is the class do you also go to the range for training and the cost? Also class would need to be taken on a weekend because both work and are out of state sometimes during the week.

Thanks guys for any help you can provide me and I'll pass it on. Also do they need to bring their own firearms which they do own?

I've not been here long enough to know who provides good training and who just goes through the moves. In Connecticut I sent my officers and anyone else looking for firearms training to a guy who was a trainer for the state police & the FBI.

He took his time and made sure when you left the class you were comfortable handling a firearm in any situation. That's the kind of trainer I'm looking to send these friends to.

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have classes scheduled for Saturday (8/17). I'll know Monday morning if there are any seats available and let you know (my classes seem to fill quickly!). The courses I'm giving Saturday are "NRA Basic Pistol" at 0800 and CCW afterward. "NRA Basic Pistol" is for people that have little to no experience with handguns. This is a really good class that even experienced shooters like a lot. This class alone meets Florida's requirement for CCW but I recommend anyone that plans to carry concealed take CCW specific class. After that class I will be giving CCW. That class is just like it sounds... I teach all things relating to carrying concealed. Everyone that has signed up for Saturdays class so far are staying for both. Range time is required for each and I usually stay after for students interested in more one-on-one instructions. If you have any questions please ask! There are also other instructors on this forum that offer classes and I'm sure they would also welcome them.

Last edited:

Rmalone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What range do you hold your classes at, and what is the cost? I may be interested in the classes as well. Thanks.

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The range we use is in Cantonment (private range) and the cost is 75 for "NRA Basic Pistol" and 50 for CCW.

Bootwo2000

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Oak Ridge Shooting range across the road from the zoo does classes every Wednsday and Saturday I think. I know it's two days. They charge $75 a person with group discounts. Nice place and really nice guys in there.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Steve & Bootwo2000
    I'll pass on the information . Steve if you could send me some contact information I'll forward that along to them also.

I may now have 2 couples interested .

Thanks guys

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also check out JJ, oneshot on here. He did a great job with my wife and her class. Private range etc...

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can contact me via gulfcoastfirearmtraining.org if you like. The site is basically contact info (I keep saying that I need to finish site) but it works for contacting me. I will also PM my number to you.

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, I have confirmed that we will do CCW Saturday 8/14. We decided to postpone the "NRA Basic Pistol" and will update when I reschedule. There are two seats available as of 8/14 but we may be OK with adding two more (total of four). Please let me know as soon as possible if anyone is interested and I will reserve seats. Thanks for considering Gulf Coast Firearm Training LLC for your firearms instruction!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom