• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDuck

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    5 weeks today, and still processing! Someone was telling me that the statewide average is 50-55 days at the moment, I have no idea where he got that data... but maybe 2-3 more weeks? They'll likely process mine on the 91st day. So I'm not holding my breath! Haha!

Last edited:

TheDuck

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mine still says needs information...

I feel for ya, man! Nobody can ever do their paperwork right. I come from an office where I hired people to do the most trivial of tasks, and they couldn't even collect a phone number nor the name of a customer who dropped off their property. INCOMPLETE!

Sgump

Broke gun enthusiasts
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    they going to send you a letter with a bs request on mine it said can't read the nra instructier number on paper so I sent back 3 copys all with different highlite colors on each

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    they going to send you a letter with a bs request on mine it said can't read the nra instructier number on paper so I sent back 3 copys all with different highlite colors on each

Yep - mine was the date. I have sent it in 4 times now (with the date typed on it). Each time they want the signed date for that day. We are well past the shall issue date and they already issued a license number (which they gave me) but I am just waiting for the actual license to mail.

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We had to renew earlier this year. We did the renewals online and got our new licenses in less than two weeks.
    It did take a while to get the original licenses seven years ago, but I don't remember exactly how long. Probably a couple months.

Bamajoey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got mine 10-12 years ago by going to the Dept of Ag in Ft Walton. Took a little over week. My wifes took a lot longer because her fingerprints were worn or eaten off by bleach. She had to go back a second time before she got hers.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My CWL sent and received via snail mail back in 2006 took 51 days, though it felt like it took twice as long.

And then there's this...
    Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried said applicants can now expect to wait between 42 and 43 days, depending on whether they have a criminal history.

TheDuck

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My CWL sent and received via snail mail back in 2006 took 51 days, though it felt like it took twice as long.

And then there's this...

Well, last Friday was 43 days (6 weeks plus a day)... still processing. Maybe I'm a crim and don't realize it.

Lets hope something will happen early next week, got a long Florida road trip coming up... every shithead always wanders up and asks me for some handout at gas stations. 1 out of 10 is highly perturbed when tell them where I'll put the gas nozzle.

On a side note, when I did the paperwork in the tax office they did a preliminary background check. I was told that if there were a warrant out for my arrest, they would have grabbed me right then. I thought that was interesting. The clerk said it happens all the time, but I wonder if they take their money first. Haha!

Last edited:

TheDuck

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oh my! I didn't expect to wake up to this:
    Your license was issued on 12/18/2020. Please allow up to 15 business days for your license to be printed and mailed. If you do not receive your license within that timeframe, please contact us via live chat or call our Public Inquiry Section at (850)245-5691 for additional information.

Well I suppose if its left up to the Post Office from here out, I can expect prompt service! After all they did great work when we trusted them with our ballots, right?

Top Bottom