• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Seams several public officials are "opting out" / quitting before 1 Jan.2024 instead of being required to list all their positions with a value of over $ 1000.00
    Wonder if any of the Public Service Commission are going to "opt Out" ??

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Seams several public officials are "opting out" / quitting before 1 Jan.2024 instead of being required to list all their positions with a value of over $ 1000.00
    Wonder if any of the Public Service Commission are going to "opt Out" ??
    They should be forced to wear outfits like NASCAR showing all thier sponsors.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I don't see what the big deal with disclosing your financial interests ...IF you have nothing to hide! I had to do one every year when I was a on the Police Pension Board in FL (It was not a paid position.)

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This reads/sounds good, but I'd really like to see how they intend to ensure compliance. If the same people who need to be forced into compliance are going to be running the program, well, it reads/sounds good.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    This reads/sounds good, but I'd really like to see how they intend to ensure compliance. If the same people who need to be forced into compliance are going to be running the program, well, it reads/sounds good.
    Like US Senators disclosing trades late or not at all?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Like US Senators disclosing trades late or not at all?
    That and using brothers and sons as front men to launder the money indirectly. That or create international wars and get kickback indirectly lol. Then 10% for the big guy on top of that.
    This will only affect the semi honest ones, and make the dirtier ones richer than ever most likely.
    But, it's a move in the right direction.
    Until we start dealing swift and severe justice to those who get caught tho, it will just be fun and games as usual.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That and using brothers and sons as front men to launder the money

It would be interesting to see how many choice lots in all the local housing projects were sold to relatives of the county commissioners at a "really good price"

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes, but it's not their fault their "constitutional duty" allowed them access to that information.

How 'bout that. Not their fault and constitutional duty in one sentence.
    Yeah, like Nancy Pelosi saying that she never discussed with her husband the confidential info she got from the Securities and Exchange Comm. Coincidence he bought and sold very same stocks very soon after, and before, it was made public.

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Politicians on both sides of the aisle rarely, if ever, leave office with less assets than they came in with. In my humble view, it seems like there is something inherently corruptible in folks who run for office, no matter how they portray their intentions. And, it seems to reach all levels of government, starting with the smallest entities locally and climbing all the way up the food chain to the feds. I don’t see myself comfortably buying a used car from any one of them. I’m sure there are some on this forum that will disagree with me but that’s just my take after many decades of watching political theater.

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That and using brothers and sons as front men to launder the money indirectly. That or create international wars and get kickback indirectly lol. Then 10% for the big guy on top of that.
    This will only affect the semi honest ones, and make the dirtier ones richer than ever most likely.
    But, it's a move in the right direction.
    Until we start dealing swift and severe justice to those who get caught tho, it will just be fun and games as usual.
    Yee-up. They've been so successful at it for so long, they don't even try to hide it. Law enforcement will tell you that all criminals eventually get careless, and that's when they get caught. What happens when law enforcement answers to and works for the criminals? Answer: Government.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Politicians on both sides of the aisle rarely, if ever, leave office with less assets than they came in with. In my humble view, it seems like there is something inherently corruptible in folks who run for office, no matter how they portray their intentions. And, it seems to reach all levels of government, starting with the smallest entities locally and climbing all the way up the food chain to the feds. I don’t see myself comfortably buying a used car from any one of them. I’m sure there are some on this forum that will disagree with me but that’s just my take after many decades of watching political theater.
    Exactly why I personally believe anyone with a TBD level of net worth (includes $ shifted to associates, family, friends, etc.) should be barred from holding any office, and removed from office if they hit that limit during their "term."

That's good enough for our military. Seriously. Did you know that as a military member, if you attain a certain level of wealth during your service, after "they" determine how you got it, you will be repeatedly/strongly encouraged to accept separation under honorable conditions. Reason; a certain level of wealth gives you undue influence over your chain of command.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, like Nancy Pelosi saying that she never discussed with her husband the confidential info she got from the Securities and Exchange Comm. Coincidence he bought and sold very same stocks very soon after, and before, it was made public.
    She is the queen of "constitutional duty." Every time she pulls that crap, it reminds me of how the Soviets/Russians always took the words of the USA and spit them right back at us. Ever read the Russian constitution (I think it's a constitution??) and notice the similarities with ours?

Top Bottom