Target Sports

Fl Deputy shot and killed while collecting guns, killer found and killed at hotel

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Deputy Myers R.I.P. He had retired a few years ago but was doing part time work to fund a trip to Disneyland with his Grandaughter. Should chain that thugs body to a cop car and slowly drag it down every street with lights and sirens: make everybody take a good long look. Same as hanging pirates at the harbor entrance!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/deputy-critically-injured-florida-panhandle-shooting-33947788

a damn shame....glad the coward perp is dead....

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is very sad and pisses me off. What the hell was a retired cop working part time doing meeting a domestic violence suspect who was turning over his guns by himself??? He's up on charges for domestic violence, is told he has to turn in his guns and you send one retired cop who is working part time to meet the guy for the turnover??? There should have been at least two officers and they should have never turned their back on him, just a shame.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is very sad and pisses me off. What the hell was a retired cop working part time doing meeting a domestic violence suspect who was turning over his guns by himself??? He's up on charges for domestic violence, is told he has to turn in his guns and you send one retired cop who is working part time to meet the guy for the turnover??? There should have been at least two officers and they should have never turned their back on him, just a shame.

Hindsight is 20/20. There were no unusual or egregious errors made. This was freak action taken by an evil person. Unfortunately, good people always end up on the wrong end of that reality...

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You don't think it's unusual to send one retired officer to meet with a domestic violence suspect to retrieve his guns? Common sense says that is a dangerous situation that should call for at least 2 officers. As a police chief I would never send one of my deputies to meet with a person who has a history of violence without backup.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From my understanding from friends of his he wasn't collecting guns he was simply serving papers. The injunction(order of protection) would have required him to give up his guns during the case since it was domestic violence related though.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I drove by where Bill was killed(not knowing) headed to a VA Lab, lots of cars and cops there. First report I saw said he served the killer, asked where his guns were, he said in my vehicle. Bill turned around to have the perp follow him to the truck or come out from the doorway to lead Bill to the vehicle and he was shot in the back. That report has since been scrubbed from the sheriffs site, so I don't know why. All I know is you never turn your back on someone especially when known to be violent. Sounds to me Bill was not as sharp as he was before he retired and let down his guard at the wrong time. A tragedy, RIP Sir.

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Deputy Myers R.I.P. He had retired a few years ago but was doing part time work to fund a trip to Disneyland with his Grandaughter. Should chain that thugs body to a cop car and slowly drag it down every street with lights and sirens: make everybody take a good long look. Same as hanging pirates at the harbor entrance!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/deputy-critically-injured-florida-panhandle-shooting-33947788
    100% agree. I always felt a murderer should be killed in the same manner as their victims, publicly

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All I know is you never turn your back on someone especially when known to be violent.

A tragedy, RIP Sir.
    This for me as well, one of the first things that caught my eye when I first started reading about this murder but was hesitant to point out. I truly don't mean to sound as hindsighted, Monday morning arm chairing QB, speaking ill of the dead individual, but this is something we should all take note of and keep in mind.

R.I.P. Deputy Myers, and may God be with your family at this tragic time.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's a candle light vigil to honor Deputy Myers on Sunday night at the Niceville NWF campus. This is not the time for criticism of his actions.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443283533.842646.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443283533.842646.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443283533.842646.jpg
      71.2 KB · Views: 120

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well Im sure glad they made it clear that deputy was white and the killer was native american/white....arent you? I mean, god forbid we leave out non-crucial information

Cootcommander

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's the problem and almost certainly why the deputy was comfortable enough to let his guard down...

Anyone at anytime can get a temporary domestic violence or repeat violence injunction on ANYONE. If I was to guess I'd say 98% of them are no more than a bad break up or a play for child custody. So when you see dozens of these thing every day, most of which are unsubstantiated and thrown out by the judge it's very easy to become complacent.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well Im sure glad they made it clear that deputy was white and the killer was native american/white....arent you? I mean, god forbid we leave out non-crucial information

It is the new racial instigator but they don't provide racial/ethnic info when black shoots black and seldom when the victim is not black. News bias? They stir the pot and wait for the bigger story to happen.

Top Bottom