• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Light82

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here we go again. News Channel WEAR first removed all of Gulf Coast Guns commercials, and now Cat Country 98.7 has followed suit. The stations said his commercial were too political, but they literally run political candidates advertisements.

Last edited:

Light82

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What about 92.3? Same owners as cat country?

I don’t use facebook, so I haven’t been able to watch the video. The wifey said the video mentioned Cat Country 98.7 and I thought she also said 92.7, but I may have misheard her. I would imagine that if the owners of Cat Country own other stations, then those stations also would block the ads.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    I haven't watched wear in years. So not a loss. I'm disappointed in CAT Country. However, 98.1 is also a good station for me. That is bull shxt for 98.7. If the policy is to be non-political just sayt that up front and tell GCG to compose their ad accordingly. I'm sure they would accommodate rather than not.

Just Lookin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Cat country pushes Jim's firearms all the time. What's the difference? I tried to call them the line has been busy for over 10 min. Hmmmm. I hate this if it's true, i will find another to listen to.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    unless i have no choice at all, if the company is "woke", lgbtqqiaqq lovers, or racial pot stirring companies, i never buy from them again, or watch their movies, listen to their music, or otherwise support them..

never...

which means i listen to a lot of gospel, and watch old movies, or nature shows.

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    If CAT country changed positions, I’m changing stations. I barely stomached Sam Hunt, but I can’t digest this..

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Hank FM streamed live on my phone. Costs me an extra $5 a month for unlimited high speed data. Tap into any radio program I want to, coast to coast

Screenshot_20220616-000059_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220616-000105_Chrome.jpg

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I haven't watched wear in years. So not a loss. I'm disappointed in CAT Country. However, 98.1 is also a good station for me. That is bull shxt for 98.7. If the policy is to be non-political just sayt that up front and tell GCG to compose their ad accordingly. I'm sure they would accommodate rather than not.

The radio station probably created the ad for them…

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Fixed it for you :)

They are locally owned by Dave and Mary Hoxeng. 92.3/am1620 is a right leaning talk station - I like the morning person, Andrew McKay - but if they did shut down their ads then I will not listen to them anymore.

The ads sucked, but if you are going to run them in the first place then you continue through the contracted time.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Need to stage a protest. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. The station is too big for people to just quit listening and have it bother them. Gotta take it public. Hang it out there in the median and out front of GCG and get in people's faces with signs and yell "hey guess what these libtards did... now call them at this phone # --- -- ---- and give them a real what for" and jam the stations phones

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May I ask why you would be political in an ad for your business where you want to reach as many people as possible anyways? I agree you should be able to, if so desired, but why would you?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Cat country pushes Jim's firearms all the time. What's the difference? I tried to call them the line has been busy for over 10 min. Hmmmm. I hate this if it's true, i will find another to listen to.
    They ram Jim's down your throat. Not cool. I hope they get rid of Jim's. Wear complained Gulf coasts commercials were talking about defending yourself, well cat country's ads about Jim's is all about concealed carry.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May I ask why you would be political in an ad for your business where you want to reach as many people as possible anyways? I agree you should be able to, if so desired, but why would you?
    Probably equal parts marketing and the owners political campaign.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Need to stage a protest. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. The station is too big for people to just quit listening and have it bother them. Gotta take it public. Hang it out there in the median and out front of GCG and get in people's faces with signs and yell "hey guess what these libtards did... now call them at this phone # --- -- ---- and give them a real what for" and jam the stations phones

Start calling in to 92.3 in the am and evening -

Top Bottom