• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • First Sergeant

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Ya'll,

New to GCGF but I believe I've seen several from the PFF on here. I retired from the army in 88 and me and the family settled here. I put 4 in the navy and 16 in the army. I went to work for Wells Fargo Armored driving one of those big red armored trucks for $4.50 an hour carrying a taurus 38 spl on my hip. First time I had carried a weapon since Nam, was a little different. After Wells Fargo went bankrupt I went trucking for 10 yrs. I owned my own truck and drove all lower 48 and Canada. That was fun until the price of fuel went sky high. I got out of trucking and piddled around until I retired permanently a few yrs ago.

I have my ccwp, do a little fishing, a little golfing and work in the yard. Looking forward to being a long time member.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome to the site. I to worked for an Armored Carrier , Dunbar Armored , Was a driver for 4yrs in Connecticut in the early 90s. The turn over rate was terrible because of the pay. They hired mostly part timers to jump that way they didn't have to pay benefits .

Finally I got tired of never having the same partners and getting stuck with some scary psychotics. Last guy they paired me with came to the back door of the truck at the first stop to pickup the cash to go inside with.

I opened the door and this idiot had his gun upholstered and pointing at me. I dam near shot his ass dead.

This guy hadn't said 2 words to me on the 30 minutes ride to the first stop. I calmly asked why the hell he's gun was pointed in my face.

He told me that's how his trainer taught him. I told him to holster the firearm and get back into the jump seat.

I radioed in and told them I was returning and asked to meet the trainer in the central bay.

Drove in opened the door walked over to the trainer and decked his ass.
    The took me to the office and questioned me & I told them why. He was another new trainer from another location who thought it was ok to teach the guys to upholster their firearms in areas they were new to. Needless to say he was replaced.

As for the jumper I didn't feel comfortably with him and had him replaced. As I was removing his gear from the truck he had a large carry bag. Something just didn't seem right so I advised the Security chief to check it.

They had the jumper open his bag inside was a sawed off shotgun with 20 rounds of buckshot and 2 45 semiautomatics and 10 clips of ammunition . He also later admitted to carrying a 38spl in an ankle holster . All this plus his 45 service firearm in his holster .

He was definitely equipped for a battle . Only problem is company policy due to insurance limits you to one firearm and you need to have qualified with that firearm . He was automatically suspended and after a long interview fired.

Me I kept on till the end of the week and found better employment .

Top Bottom