First hand AR Beta C-Mag 100 round drum thoughts ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeus

Banned For Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any opinions on a Beta C-Mag 100 round drum ? (brand, not knock off)

How do they hold up for regular use, rapid fire, FA .....

I have a guy who wants to include one in a trade we are working out, but I have never had one and am leery of plastic

(yup, I know it's a composite, but being old, if it's not wood or metal I call everything plastic) :laugh:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had two, I still have one, when I unloaded the one that I have (to sell the ammo that was in it) the rounds coming out were jammed up and I had to tap the mag to get the rest of the rounds to come up and follow... not sure if this was due to it being loaded for about a year prior, or if it didn't have enough graphite, or what.. but it shook my confidence a bit.

I have never actually used it, but I've still got it, unloaded now sitting in my bag o' mags. I understand that if they are properly lubed that they work just fine, so that must have been operator error..

Zeus

Banned For Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you. That was something else I had meant to ask about but forgot.

With AK drums (Chinese) you leave them loaded but not wound. And a few years back I came across two 30 round Chinese mags that I had left loaded for 25+ years and was rather surprised that I had zero problems emptying them rapid fire.

Unless there are a few rave reviews I will probably steer clear of it. besides the plastic aspect I am not that comfortable with needing dry lube to function when that is what springs are supposed to be for.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you. That was something else I had meant to ask about but forgot.

With AK drums (Chinese) you leave them loaded but not wound. And a few years back I came across two 30 round Chinese mags that I had left loaded for 25+ years and was rather surprised that I had zero problems emptying them rapid fire.

Unless there are a few rave reviews I will probably steer clear of it. besides the plastic aspect I am not that comfortable with needing dry lube to function when that is what springs are supposed to be for.

I think that there are lots of good reviews out there, but I based on my experience I wouldn't want to rely on one.

Top Bottom