• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard J.

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have a friend back in Pennsylvania that has quite a few of them. He has had these for many years and they all were target pistols custom made.He bought these when he was stationed over there many years ago. I have shot these and they are as accurate as my target pistols. They are not fancy but will take out the x

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Triggerguard is mainspring and rear sight with elevator?

It appears as if the rear sight does have an elevation adjustment, but that's not the most distinguishing feature. The trigger guard is indeed the mainspring and that's part of it, but there is a name that these types of firearms go by that is the best way to describe them.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Q 103 This is a MODERN Hopkins and Allen underhammer pistol, .36 or .45 cal, only four moving parts in action, 5th if you count sight. This modern handgun had the added feature of a half-cock safety notch. The historic design was developed to improve flintlock ignition! it is originally a American Design that was simpler then the European side-lock.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Q 103 This is a MODERN Hopkins and Allen underhammer pistol, .36 or .45 cal, only four moving parts in action, 5th if you count sight. This modern handgun had the added feature of a half-cock safety notch. The historic design was developed to improve flintlock ignition! it is originally a American Design that was simpler then the European side-lock.

Q 103 to wildrider! You are correct, I was mistaken. I misread the fact that it was European. The original underhammer design was Germanic, but Hopkins and Allen was based in Norwich, CT. I was considering 1950's or earlier as "fairly old," but I supposed really that's modern.

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Q. 104

True or False: If you put the butt of an inertia-action gun like a Benelli against a brick wall it will not cycle when fired.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My first thoughts were Arisaka, Pedersen, and Lebel, based on some of the styling cues.

It's a French RSC (Ribeyrolle, Sutter and Chauchat) M1917. Introduced in 1917 and it used a lot of available parts produced for Lebel rifles.

TennJeep: You got it. Rifle is also known as the Fucil Automatique Modele 1917
    RSC M1917 RSC M1918
    8x51R mm Lebel
    Gas operated, rotating bolt
    Overall length 1331 mm / 52,4" 1100 mm / 43,25"
    Barrel length 798 mm / 31,4" 580 mm / 22,85"
    Weight 5,25 kg / 11,6 lbs 4,8 kg / 10,5 lbs
    Magazine capacity 5 rounds

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's a SIG MKMS. The only special feature I know of is the fact that the magazine could be stored horizontally in the stock and released into the vertical, functional position by simply pressing a release button.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TennJeep nails it. The the mag folding into the stock made the Subgun look like a std rifle to enemy observers. Imagine the surprise when the increase in firepower was let loose when expecting to face bolt guns!

It's a SIG MKMS. The only special feature I know of is the fact that the magazine could be stored horizontally in the stock and released into the vertical, functional position by simply pressing a release button.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Q 107 Whats this? It actually was in military service for about 25 years!

View attachment 8531

Australian F1 submachine gun with 34 round 9mm magazine. It was adopted in the mid sixties and served until the late eighties when it was replaced by the F88 assault rifle (a license-made version of the Steyr AUG).

I actually stumbled across this one while I was looking for the answer to the previous question.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Q 107 is done.

Australian F1 submachine gun with 34 round 9mm magazine. It was adopted in the mid sixties and served until the late eighties when it was replaced by the F88 assault rifle (a license-made version of the Steyr AUG).

I actually stumbled across this one while I was looking for the answer to the previous question.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I already found the answer to Q 108. I may have found your source, because I've been able to find out the answer to the last few pretty quickly. I will refrain from answering for a day or so to let others have a chance.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I already found the answer to Q 108. I may have found your source, because I've been able to find out the answer to the last few pretty quickly. I will refrain from answering for a day or so to let others have a chance.

Good Sport TennJeep. I pulled the last three from three different sites. You must have hit the SuperWiki Directory! Lol

Here is one I have no info on, just the pic. Q108A Try it.

QXXX.jpg

Attachments

• QXXX.jpg
      QXXX.jpg
      23.4 KB · Views: 227

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom