• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Re-watching last week's episode before the new one tonight and a couple of observations. It takes the 'jonesing' druggie son to say out loud what strong-willed mother and anti-gun Pablo probably already know, "she's not sick... she's dead" (about the Asian neighbor woman). Unsurprising clarity in an opiate withdrawal come-down.

Another thought, the Latino barber who has already figured out the world is going to sh!t, was willing to take his foot injured wife to what he should well know is an already overrun hospital?

Looking forward to episode 4.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It seems to be getting better by the episode...Not too sure how many caught the liberal teacher talking to the Lt when he was driving golf balls...anyway teach is on one side of the fence and Lt on the other...as they panned out there were dixie cups in the chain link fence that spelled out REV 21 4, or my guess Revelation 21-4; (KJB ver, had to google it as I'm no Bible scholar)

" And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away... "

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I really like FTWD.

Watching Z Nation right now. The acting is horrendous, the action ridiculous, and there is absolutely no attention to detail. Sorry. Still watching though. Lol.

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It seems to be getting better by the episode...Not too sure how many caught the liberal teacher talking to the Lt when he was driving golf balls...anyway teach is on one side of the fence and Lt on the other...as they panned out there were dixie cups in the chain link fence that spelled out REV 21 4, or my guess Revelation 21-4; (KJB ver, had to google it as I'm no Bible scholar)

" And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away... "

When Blonde Teacher is out on her walkabout before she sees the death squad, there is a cardboard poster attached to the fence that says the same thing.

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really like FTWD.

Watching Z Nation right now. The acting is horrendous, the action ridiculous, and there is absolutely no attention to detail. Sorry. Still watching though. Lol.

I'm looking for humor. There is bad acting in any zombie related programs. I just can't find entertainment with a bunch of liberals, trying to find a hippie solution to the apocalypse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bohica762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Watched a few episodes of Z-Nation and while it has Zombies, it ain't "The Walking Dead". Looks like it was filmed by six year olds. That being said I'm still gonna watch it. But at least it isn't touchy-feely social commentary like Fear The Walking Dead. I really want to like that show... but somehow I just can't. Yet. Maybe when all the libtard crap gets stripped away it'll be okay. But for now I'm sticking with my original assessment. 90210 with an occasional TWD commercial.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I really don't mind Travis being anti-gun. The character is an Angeleno, so it makes sense. Plus, it'll be really satisfying to see his character realize that guns are really rather useful.

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the idea of a 1LT being in charge of a quarantine zone like what we see in FTWD is inaccurate and unlikely. I'm thinking they might have a LTCOL in charge of something like that. And where is that 1LT's name tape that's supposed to be on the back of his headgear? Also, the scene where the CPL is making out with Ophelia, he's alone with a Humvee that it appears he is expected to drive back to some staging area... Totally unrealistic. Who's going to be his TC? Why is a NCO even driving? He's probably the TC, so where is the PFC or PV2 who drives? You need two people to do the PCMS before operating the vehicle. Who is going to ground guide for him to back up? And why the hell are his ID tags exposed?

I could make a living in Hollywood simply by going to every movie set that features any Army personnel and cleaning their acts. Easy. Though they'd probably try not to pay me much.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    If there are several other quarantine zones, it makes sense to me to put a JO in charge. It would also make sense to send out one man patrols if they're understaffed (but more importantly it serves the plot). I think the lack of tape is to have the uniform not be exactly correct since I don't think they're allowed to have a 100% correct uniform, at least that's what I've heard.
    Most importantly to me though: WHERE are the guardsmen's families?

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't see the one man patrol thing happening. They seem to have the ability to do house to house and outside patrols just fine. Sending out one dude with his own Humvee seems less and less likely the more I think of it.

I guess the problem with who should be in charge is that we didn't get a good idea of how big their little zone is. It seems to be pretty big if we are talking square kilometers but maybe they don't have many people in it?

That LT though... What a piece of crap. I'd like to think his subordinates would not put up with someone like him, someone who so obviously just wants to kill the people in the safe zone for whatever reason he can come up with.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Agreed.
    I'm guessing Ofelia's boyfriend and their relationship will matter soon. The had to be small enough for them to put up a fence as quickly as they did.
    I also don't get why hot teacher didn't pick up the Beretta. But then I guess she didn't want to end up like its owner.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    She saw the weapon as something she has been brainwashed not to see any use for. It was a reflex to leave it in place. These people have had their survival instincts trained out of them, remember. There likely isn't a true conservative person among them. The only one who comes close is the older Hispanic man. But he is Kalifornia Hispanic since fleeing his old country, so even though he sees the value of a double barrel shotgun, the liklihood of being anything other than a generally helpless libtard is low.

nrajeeper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My view of the characters and their ineptness (to put it mildly) is colored by the fact I already what is going on - thanks the TWD. But these folks are very slow on the uptake...

I'll watch both...

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I agree with whats been said.. I already catch myself rooting for 80% of the cast to die. About the only positive I look forward to is when the rainbow comes crashing down and they figure out that they are not in Kansas anymore.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom