• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was going to swing in the range on Wednesday afternoon on my way home, but there were lots of vehicles inside when I slowly drove by. I didn't want to disturb anyone, so I just kept going.

Has anyone been there since Garpo on Monday?

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was going to swing in the range on Wednesday afternoon on my way home, but there were lots of vehicles inside when I slowly drove by. I didn't want to disturb anyone, so I just kept going.

Has anyone been there since Garpo on Monday?

I drove in and turned around yesterday. All I saw was some dirt being moved around. It looked like they had dug out some of the berm on each end to make the extra two lanes.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With all the rain we've had, I wonder if the range will be ready by the end of the month. It doesn't quit raining long enough for my lawn to dry out so that I can cut my grass. The rain must have slowed progress on the work.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    With all the rain we've had, I wonder if the range will be ready by the end of the month. It doesn't quit raining long enough for my lawn to dry out so that I can cut my grass. The rain must have slowed progress on the work.

I posed that same question to Ian yesterday. I imagine that any concrete work that had to be done is on an indefinite delay.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I took a run out to the FOP range today and talked to a couple of board members that where there. Found out that the range upgrades are coming along to scheduled and should open up as planed. BTW, all concrete is poured and cured.

The only thing left is to lay the sod between the concrete shooting lanes.

They are still planning on building some covered lanes but that will come at a later date. Also found out that the 50 yard shooting stations are fore LEO only. Sorry to hear that but makes sense when there is no barrier between pistol shooters and long gun shooters..

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I took a run out to the FOP range today and talked to a couple of board members that where there. Found out that the range upgrades are coming along to scheduled and should open up as planed. BTW, all concrete is poured and cured.

The only thing left is to lay the sod between the concrete shooting lanes.

They are still planning on building some covered lanes but that will come at a later date. Also found out that the 50 yard shooting stations are fore LEO only. Sorry to hear that but makes sense when there is no barrier between pistol shooters and long gun shooters..

Good news on all the concrete already done. And I wonder what's to keep people from shooting 50yds when no one else is there? I completely understand why you wouldn't shoot from there if other people were shooting.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good news on all the concrete already done. And I wonder what's to keep people from shooting 50yds when no one else is there? I completely understand why you wouldn't shoot from there if other people were shooting.

Shhhhh. Don't ask, don't tell.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Countdown? I think I might have to go Sunday and Monday to catch up on all the shooting I haven't been doing. I really hope I get my Rem 700 bolt back this week so I can shoot some bore lapping bullets through it.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    FOP member's, did y'all get this message? I'd be happy to help but I'll be out of town that day.

"This Wednesday the sod for the range will arrive at 8am. Anyone that can help, bring a garden rake. We have help to move the sod, but help is needed to use the rake and move the sod together. Planning to cook hamburgers for lunch and with enough help, expect to be finished by lunch. We are close to schedule for finishing by Sept. 1 & the range is shaping up nicely."

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    FOP member's, did y'all get this message? I'd be happy to help but I'll be out of town that day.

"This Wednesday the sod for the range will arrive at 8am. Anyone that can help, bring a garden rake. We have help to move the sod, but help is needed to use the rake and move the sod together. Planning to cook hamburgers for lunch and with enough help, expect to be finished by lunch. We are close to schedule for finishing by Sept. 1 & the range is shaping up nicely."

I didn't get the message, but I just checked the website and it has basically the same information on the August calendar page, along with some pictures. http://www.foplodge43.org/august2013.html

I would help, but I've got to work and then we've got the GCGF fantasy football draft tomorrow afternoon.

Did you get that via email or phone call?

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I didn't get the message, but I just checked the website and it has basically the same information on the August calendar page, along with some pictures. http://www.foplodge43.org/august2013.html

I would help, but I've got to work and then we've got the GCGF fantasy football draft tomorrow afternoon.

Did you get that via email or phone call?

Got it via email.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went this morning. About 25 people showed up. I think they had 12 pallets of sod. It was finished in just a little over an hour. Someone took pics with their cell phone. Maybe they will post them on the FOP web site.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I received the email as well but I have that irritating obligation known as a job to go to every weekday.

I too was otherwise obligated to work... but its less irritating as you think about the guns and ammo you're earning while you're there :D.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I received the email as well but I have that irritating obligation known as a job to go to every weekday.

Same here. It sucks! I have so many other things I could be doing with my time.

I went this morning. About 25 people showed up. I think they had 12 pallets of sod. It was finished in just a little over an hour. Someone took pics with their cell phone. Maybe they will post them on the FOP web site.

So it's all done? Ready to open tomorrow????

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I too was otherwise obligated to work... but its less irritating as you think about the guns and ammo you're earning while you're there :D.

Kinda.... I've been occupying part of my workday with getting some steel targets ready to set up next weekend at the camp. I packed some modeling clay into parts of pipe fittings where I don't want JB Weld to get then I cut some straps for hangers.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You guys with jobs need to do like Garpo, JohnAL and myself. Just get old. I have to warn you, it has it's drawbacks.

Top Bottom