• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welsh72

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I miss the gun shows in the old days….when it was all just guns and shooting stuff. Back when prices were not more than MSRP and everything was negotiable. I don’t need smelly stuff that I can burn in a candle or clothing or any of the other crazy, nonsensical stuff that shows up at shows anymore these days. And I don’t cross the bay to go into Mobile unless I have no other option….

Anywho, hope those that went found it a worthwhile distraction. Share with us your stories and finds!
    I went yesterday around 1. Parking lot looked about 80% or more full. Picked up an old leather holster for a miltary and police pistol I got last year. Got a fair price on some Swiss ammo that I shoot with my son and son in law. Seemed like there were more individuals selling their stuff than usual. Picked up a what I thought was an unopened battlepack of 200 rounds of 6.5 swede ammo. Description did not say any different and individual vendor did not communicate otherwise. Found out 30 minutes later that is nothing more than training rounds..wood projectiles. Need a special tool to shoot it and the brass and powder are no good for reloads….even if I had the Equipment to do it. Stupid me. Learned my lesson. I went back and questioned the individual vendor about full disclosure he acted like he didn’t know what he was selling, nonetheless he wouldn’t work with me.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Taking all my " for sale" stuff 7.62 .224v,6.8 and extra ruger mini 30 mags, 2 colt 9mm mags and conversion block.( before I build something, lol) maybe a Austrian proofed G19. Nickle 20ga h&r Tamer. Chasing $$ for a thermal. Longtooth is the Devil btw. Message me and I'll meet ya there.

Last edited:

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I went yesterday morning. Mainly to go to look/ buy some glass for the newest girls in my stable. And to compare their prices with what I paid for my collection. I'll say the value of my collection hasn't gone down, it probably has gone up higher than the inflation rate. Especially ammo, I'll pay much more to restock.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Taking all my " for sale" stuff 7.62 .224v,6.8 and extra ruger mini 30 mags, 2 colt 9mm mags and conversion block.( before I build something, lol) maybe a Austrian proofed G19. Nickle 20ga h&r Tamer. Chasing $$ for a thermal. Longtooth is the Devil btw. Message me and I'll meet ya there.
    What brands the conversion block and how much would you be looking for it and the colt mags?

AK4774

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They are going to be packing it up before you get there. At least you may have enjoyed the meal. Ashamed you have to pay another $11 for the pending heartburn.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Got 250 lrp for 22. ( I needed them) Found a box of 20ga #6 long range for 10.99. A steal there. Most of the ammo was crazy $$. Ak mags used for $25 and up, nothing special, yikes same stuff I can get online for 12 plus shipping and 0 fuel.
    Got to meet some of our fine members. @Uilleam @Gunin4m .

Last edited:

chip5244

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The local gun shows are a joke and getting worse. They are full of retailers selling at their normal shop prices or some guy wanting to sharpen your knife or sell you beef jerky. I have found that the only good shows are Birmingham, Tulsa, Reno, or Louisville.

This past weekend I was in Orlando and was leaving the area on Saturday. There was a gun show on the way to the turnpike so I decided to check it out. I read the reviews and people was dog cussing it for all sorts of reasons. Nonetheless I stopped in.

First off the fee was $15. The GF was with me and because the area was VERY sketchy I paid for her to also go in (she wanted to stay in the car), First mistake! Second, This show will not allow any private sellers! All sales must go through an FFL. I have an 01 FFL so no biggie for me. HOWEVER, due to their policy there were ZERO private sellers! Meaning everything was retail, overpriced and wall to wall AR15 and Glocks with a large assortment of other plastic fantastic guns. The show flyers also said only guns and gun related stuff but of course there was jewelry, paintings, beef jerky and toys. If I lived down there I would start my own gun show and only allow private sellers selling or enhancing their collection. Maybe I should do that here....hmmmm

Oh, and on the same note the "show promoter" had his own section of wares as large as the FWB gun show. So, it made sense that he wanted to limit competition from people selling Glocks $100 less than his new shit. I have grown up on gun shows from the early 80's on, I hate to see this being the future trend. I was living the good ole days and didn't even know it.

Top Bottom