• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nobody NEEDS this ammo, nobody NEEDS these guns, these items are wants. Nobody is starving because I am charging $25 per box for 9MM at a gun show. Those who want to find ammo, can either pay inflated prices, or do the legwork and find it themselves... it is still out there.

Some of us had a giant pile of ammo when this started, and some of us wanted a giant pile of ammo after this started... supply and demand.

Agreed, except: some of us had alot ammo before this, alot of THEM wanted ammo after this. My problem is, I got into 9mm late( darn that S&W M&P!)....9/11/01, I bought 1k of 12ga, .45, 7.62 and 5k .22lr, for pennies compared to now.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think if you really think it through you will see that regulation never really protects the consumer...only takes away rights and lines the pockets of those that already had plenty.
    Taking away the right of an individual to sell their personal property is as bad.....and unconstitutional as it gets. One day the Dems may try to chip us all...and go to a cashless society....but for now we are free to do what we want with our property.
    There is a lot of frustration over the limited availability ....I have some and would love to have some of the others....if I want it ill buy it.....but I'm not going to complain because I didn't stock up more.
    I have not been able to find wallyworld stuff in a long time.....don't have the time to spend looking and waiting. If you figured up the time it would take to do that and then resell....then I think you would find that the resale price isnt high enough......especially at 3 boxes per day.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm with SAWMAN -- how else would I support my gun hobby if I couldn't gouge the ill-prepared?? :wink:

Heck, I passed up a store full of ammo -- without buying a single box -- yesterday... It's out there, but you do have to search. I think that it is no secret that Walmart isn't interested in really restocking arms and ammo right now -- either that, or the back-room stock employees on the night shift who unload the trucks are buying all of it. Of course, Walmart does have a bunch of stores to try to re-stock -- whereas some place like Gander Mountain where I was yesterday has just a fraction of the number of stores.

Academy is about the same size -- chain-wise, but yet their store was bare just down the street from the Gander Mountain.

Tomorrow, I am going to visit the Palmetto State Armory stores while I'm in Columbia, SC -- I'll report how their stores look compared to the "out of stock" indications on their website.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Like most have said, "it's out there, you just gotta look". That means to get off your tuff, and either start calling, or visiting the places that sell ammo. I went to 2 different places Saturday, without even looking for ammo. Thay had American made .223 for $6.99 a box of 20, (yes, it's reloadable brass). They had .22lr for $2.99 for a box of 50.
    They had .308, 9mm, 40 cal, .45, 7.62x39 and sorts of others. And NO, it wasn't Academy and it wasn't Walmart. There is Life other than those two.
    I wasn't needing any, so I didn't buy any. But they did have a policy that you can only buy 1 box per caliber, per person, per day.
    So stop your whining and go buy you some.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think all of the crybaby crap is hilarious. If people are stupid enough to not know that their guns need ammo I don't think their mentally apt to own firearms. Who reminds you to put gas in your car? Honestly I don't think it's pure stupidity it's self, I think the stupidity is the lack of forethought and preparation . Sprinkle some lazyness in that pot and you have yourself a gun with nothing to shoot. My intentions are not to stir the proverbial pot but does it need to be stated that your guns need ammo? Really?

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get a kick out of people whining about prices who didn't have the foresight to see this coming.
    other than the dangerous Idea of only having FFl Dealers sell ammo , does anyone think they are going to get up and drive to their work , pay the lights , taxes , maintenance , the investment , load and unload ammo and then sell it to you without a hefty mark up?
    I " invested " in way more Ammo than I will ever need but don't even offer it for sell because of so much whining. have plenty of battle packs of 7.62x 51 that I wouldn't even consider less than $200 each because they are still worth that much to me.

watch and see , all ammo will be going up everywhere

Latest posts

Top Bottom