• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captken

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Beginning to think a law restricting ammo sales to only FFLs might be good about now. It would stop all those that are clearing the shelves to sell at a higher price on the Internet.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you want to get a background check every time you buy a box of 22. How about when they start charging 25.00 for the background check NO THANKS

adrenaline

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WOW, Really??? What next? Understand your frustration, but capitalism is the American way. I would much rather be able to turn down a deal than have one forced upon me.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm thinking there are TOO many laws already for piddly shit things.
    Besides, if "Joe-Scalper" wasn't out scalping, then your new law, would leave it open to FFl's to do it. Then what? Make a new law to restrict them too?

I feel your pain, but the answer is, "IF" everyone would stop paying the scalper prices, they'd (scalper) get stuck with it, and no money to buy more. Then ppl like you can buy it on the shelf. And there will be plenty for everyone.

Captken

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not saying you would have to have a background check. Just where only FFLs would be the only ones that could retail ammo. But then by the same reasoning, only FFLs could sell guns and I wouldn't want to go there.
    Having to curtail my range time so I don't go through too much ammo. I miss swinging by Walmart and picking it up on the way to the range. All I can say is thank God for Georgia Arms at the last gun show. Got more ammo than ever before but reluctant to shoot now. I can see where those that didn't put in a good supply are forced to pay the higher prices or do without.

Captken

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    GOT IT!!!! There is law about price gouging during a disaster. Well Obama and his proposed gun laws has caused a media disaster so enact price gouging laws for over priced guns and ammo. No selling for more than MSRP .

Of course this would piss off several people on this board that are guilty of gouging. OOPS, I meant free market pricing.

Captken

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So Frank and John, you are saying its OK for businesses to gouge people over gas, water and food during a disaster due to their not being wise enough to put in a large enough supply beforehand? Same principle. But the only ones that complain about that is usually the ones doing the gouging. My last post was kinda a catch 22. Gouging is gouging no matter if its food or ammo if there is a fear associated with it.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My "Hell no" response was to your original post, nothing more.

I don't care to get into the gouging discussion again. It has been beat to death. My opinion on gouging can be found elsewhere on this forum but it boils down to "failure to prepare on your part does not necessarily constitute an emergency on my part".

2ndAmendmentShooting

Master
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    gouging isn't gouging if people are willing to pay for it. Capitalism and free market enterprise are well at work right now, plain and simple. Demand is high = price is higher. Once demand goes down = price goes down.

BUT, there are prices on the rise at the wholesale and distributor level, which in turn raises the price at the retail level. Again, capitalism and free market enterprise.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I HATE HATE the high prices on ammo. But people here are lucky there are gun shows that are close enough to get to to even find ammo without the shipping cost you have to pay. I paid more than I ever dreamed I would pay at the gun show. But let me tell you that it was a great deal. People here know who I bought from and I didn't know him so it was no favor to just me. All sales aren't gouging. I just wish I had found this forum in time for the group buy. You can bet I will get in on the next one. You want gouging' Have your car break down Pay the wrecker bill' have them install parts that are not needed while they have it and then charge 85 to100 an hour for labor. Please mechanics that are honest don't jump all over me. I know they are out there and have turned a wrench or 2 myself

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nobody NEEDS this ammo, nobody NEEDS these guns, these items are wants. Nobody is starving because I am charging $25 per box for 9MM at a gun show. Those who want to find ammo, can either pay inflated prices, or do the legwork and find it themselves... it is still out there.

Some of us had a giant pile of ammo when this started, and some of us wanted a giant pile of ammo after this started... supply and demand.

Fishyfingers

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let those clowns buy it and try to sell it at a markup. You and I don't have to buy it second or third hand. They will run out of cash about the time ammo production catches up to sales and prices come back down.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Scavenger hunt...thats what these times have become to me...have to look all over and when you see a good deal, scoop up what you need... John a;ready said it "Be Prepared", the motto of the Boy Scouts...

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Beginning to think a law restricting ammo sales to only FFLs might be good about now. It would stop all those that are clearing the shelves to sell at a higher price on the Internet.

What difference would that make? every time they set out ammo, 3-4 yahoos buy it up. With your idea, it'll just be 3-4 different yahoos buying it up.......btw, the resale markup will be the same...lol

Top Bottom