• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockola2004

Old Soul Gun Enthusiast
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I let my H&R 999 22 Lr get away once about 12 years ago. I got it back shortly after and won’t let it go again. I sold a very early REM 700 30-06 back to the original owner but I’m trying to get it back too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As in the title, ever have a firearm that you sold, but ended up buying it back or repurchasing the same/similar model? What was/were the deciding factor(s)?
    Had a Original Springfield 1911 .45 with U.S.A. holster and web gear. In 1966 sold it (oops) to buy a '66 mustang fastback GT. Wish I still had both. " A fool and his money soon part"

JWrecks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a rifle I might want to purchase back in the future should situations change.

I used to have an IWI X95 in 9mm, I bought it because the barrels can be interchangeable with a 300blk, 5.56, and 9mm. But, the conversion kits are just so hard to get a hold of and pretty pricy. I got frustrated with not being able to find the conversion kits. So, I sold off the 9mm to buy the Big Brother platform Tavor 7 in 7.62. I will probably own another x95 in my lifetime though..

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nope. Was guilt-tripped into selling one to someone less fortunate many years ago, prodded by the promise that I could replace it soon. "Soon" went on for so long that I never fell for that again. Finally did replace it with an upgrade. Have never sold another that I wasn't 100% ready to let go.

Gaterbaitii

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Yep, M1 Garands and Carbines as I collected them…had probably 50 of them.

Probably quite of few of us on the forum thats done this w/ M1’s and other Milsurps

Also dozens of Milsurp 22’s I’ve sold and bought more than I would like to say… Remington 40X, Winchester 52 and Kimber 82G’s

A few of these I did buy back from buddies

poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    in my younger days back in Texas i started handgun hunting. love ruger blackhawks so purchased a 6 1/2” in .357. but later decided i wasnt good enough in that caliber so sold it to get a redhawk in .41 mag. the guy i sold it to got in money trouble about a year later and offered it back to me and i bought it back.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sold my Glenfield Mod 30A to a friend who sold it to another friend after shooting his self. After about a year it was sold back to me with 8 boxes of ammo for the same price I had sold it for originally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Been on both ends. I bought a CZ 97, they buyer wanted it back so I agreed. Then I bought it back.

I bought a CZ Rami - sold it and the a couple months ago bought another…

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sigh... yes.

I pined for years over my sainted 96D, and waited for the guy I sold it to for a change of heart hoping he'd sell it back... no dice it was as strange as it sounds one of the three most accurate pistols I ever owned.

I got tired of waiting and found a 96D Centurian which is everything I wanted just not a bowling pin match gun.

The bummer is, a while back I found out my friend who bought the 96D from me took his own life with it.

Last edited:

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Backwards story here.

About 10 years ago, found out future son-in-law had,,,and was gonna sell a Trapdoor Springfield with bayonet and frog that was passed down to him for a few hundred dollars.

From my knowledgeable daughters description of it and condition, I knew what it was told her to tell him I’d give him $1000 sight unseen.

Its a beauty and shoots great.
    That family will get it back one-day.

Grandson is just a little bit little to handle it right now.
    He’s all about “Pow Pow!!” so it ought to be fun.

Last edited:

Raptor727

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I feel better for reading these lol, on my third hellcat guys at work make fun of me for it lol

Top Bottom