• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got an email from the ERML club president, about a "steel" shoot over the weekend. packed up a couple pistols and a few hundred rounds. Set out Sunday morning to see what it was all about. They had set up a "plate rack" and a few other steel targets. I have never, but always wanted to give it a try. ( harder than it looks) the RO and fellow shooters could not have been more kind or helpful. With tips and pointers from them. I improved rapidly. What a blast, I would encourage anyone who wants to give it a try. Thanks to the staff at ERML, looking forward to the next steel weekend!

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    deiced to get into reloading this spring. As it goes with me, spent hours and hours of "lurking" on the reload sections of my favorite gun links. I read, studied, watched countless video`s, piecing together my bench and equipment. I took my first pistol loads to ERGC sunday morning. Range 5 was empty so we set up. I shot a ruger P89 9mm ( using what I have seen described as a boat anchor ) just incase there was a problem with my loads, cheap gun oh well. first 15 round mag @12 yards produced a 5 inch group well not too shabby. Had a target setup at the back berm 50yds. with one clay bird in front. What the hell I`ll try the ruger, first round was low, raise the front blade and fired 3 more rounds and checked thru the scope on the 1022. all three rounds were on the paper in a 10 inch group. next round 2in from clay bird and round 6 broke the bird. So a clay bird at 50 yrds with a low end gun and my first hand loads......nice day at the range.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They don't , was a check for interest type of thing, never took off. From what I understand, all it would take is someone to head up the events. I would like to see it get going, it is a lot of fun. although the cost of targets is much higher and cost to maintain.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    not organized matchs, however the pistol plate rack is $10 a day and steel targets at 100 and 140 yrs are free. every time I have rented the plate rack, it seems to turn into a impromptu match. Usually meet 3 or 4 new friends and have a blast ( pun intended) knocking down steel.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sounds like a good way to train on fast shots without having to switch or paste targets every few minutes.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let me know when you go, I love to shoot it, but never find anyone who is willing when I am there. as a matter of fact I havn't seen it the last few times I looked.

Top Bottom