Element Training Complex info and Pro shop.( Formerly Southern tactical)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If anyone would like to come out and check out the range, any member of staff will be more then happy to give you a free golf cart ride and guided tour of the facility. And while you are out you can check out the pro shop and feel free to shop for a new firearm ammo or accessories. ;)

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    We also have firearm rentals for a small fee. Firearms include but not limited to, g19, g17, g43, g48, m&p 2.0 ez, Geissele super duty ar15, Seekins Precision 6mm ARC, PTR 9kt (mp5 clone), and shotguns to name a few.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I’m not sure how much more we can drop the price. At 365.00, a dollar a day. For all access all day long 6 days a week. No fees when you shoot, a fully stocked gun shop with a smith on sight. No steel rental fees. I can’t say that I know of any range around that is cheaper and has all the options we have. If so please direct me to them.
    It's not about options. It's about the common man's wallet. New shooters young and old, and a whole new generation of young adults with every public school graduating class, and fresh bodies with every military PCS season, and the new politically woken-up folks, that all have jobs where $365 is half a months pay after taxes. Stats are like a full HALF of ALL American wage slaves earn less than $35,000 a year, and HALF of ALL jobs no matter the base pay were terminated last year. It very well can be lower than a dollar a day. It's not like the steel targets are unionized! Make it attractive to the vast majority of shooters who are content bypassing the range and shooting out back in the clay pits and pastures for free. Maybe keep it at $365 a year, and drop the daily rate to $20, whether or not you know somebody already a member. Then you'll see a mass exodus out of Pensacola, Eglin, Panama City, Tallahassee and you'll probably double and triple the annual membership. The aim is to get everybody out there to introduce the range to them. Think of the $20 day pass as paying people to drive the hour out there, not as losing money versus a higher rate, and as bait for the $365 annual fee

Last edited:

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    One thing I do not understand is the application processing fee? Why is there a fee, and why so high? Do apps get rejected? If so d you get at refund or appeal? What are you processing, background checks?

Also, how much are ffl transfers?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    One thing I do not understand is the application processing fee? Why is there a fee, and why so high? Do apps get rejected? If so d you get at refund or appeal? What are you processing, background checks?

Also, how much are ffl transfers?
    This fee is seperate from the 365?

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It's not about options. It's about the common man's wallet. New shooters young and old, and a whole new generation of young adults with every public school graduating class, and fresh bodies with every military PCS season, and the new politically woken-up folks, that all have jobs where $365 is half a months pay after taxes. Stats are like a full HALF of ALL American wage slaves earn less than $35,000 a year, and HALF of ALL jobs no matter the base pay were terminated last year. It very well can be lower than a dollar a day. It's not like the steel targets are unionized! Make it attractive to the vast majority of shooters who are content bypassing the range and shooting out back in the clay pits and pastures for free. Maybe keep it at $365 a year, and drop the daily rate to $20, whether or not you know somebody already a member. Then you'll see a mass exodus out of Pensacola, Eglin, Panama City, Tallahassee and you'll probably double and triple the annual membership. The aim is to get everybody out there to introduce the range to them. Think of the $20 day pass as paying people to drive the hour out there, not as losing money versus a higher rate, and as bait for the $365 annual fee
    First I’d like to say that I am NOT the owner and am not trying to portray that I am. I also am not the range manager. I am just a member of the staff and the smith at the range. The questions you are asking are above my pay grade.I have no say on the prices of the range and how the price came to be. I will direct you to the range management that I’m sure will be more then happy to answer these questions for you. Those shooters who are content bypassing the range and shooting out back in the clay pits and pastures for free have that option and we are not knocking them for that either. We are just offering a completely new shooting experience for the “common” man to better his shooting and his/her training other then just popping soda cans and clays out on a open field or dirt road. As far as the steel targets are concerned. The range does not have cheap steal. We us mgm and grisly steel. And they have to be replaced frequently for safety and a better shooting experience. When you have a 1000 shooters come through in a week and bang on steel all week, it does a number on the steel, so while not “unionized” it’s also not cheap to provide 300-400 pieces steel for the shooters to enjoy and train on. Hope that helped answer a few questions, if you’d like to asked more about how the pricing came to be and the why’s feel free to contact the range and asked for Daniel. Daniel is the range manager or ask for Tony the director of operations. 850-537-4576

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    This fee is seperate from the 365?
    Yes my understanding is that it is separate. $50 for mil/leo and $100 for public. That makes the first year quite a bit more than $365.
    Is the application a once a lifetime thing or does it have to be renewed? Yearly?, every 5 or 10 years? Plus my above questions. Mainly why an application fee?

gibbison

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Are you aware there is an Airsoft Proshop that works with the airsoft side of the range in Pensacola? It's Leviathan Tactical, LLC They worked to help bring airsoft to the range.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Flounder Hounder

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What is involved in an application? background checks? drug tests?
    I was ready to sign up but the $100 fee is making me reconsider. (by the way, I can pass background checks and drug test... :) )

Background checks when buying a firearm are only $5

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yes my understanding is that it is separate. $50 for mil/leo and $100 for public. That makes the first year quite a bit more than $365.
    Is the application a once a lifetime thing or does it have to be renewed? Yearly?, every 5 or 10 years? Plus my above questions. Mainly why an application fee?
    Yes you are correct. The app fee is separate from the membership. It is a one time life time fee. The app fee does go towards a background check and new membership badge ID cards to streamline the sign in process at the range. The badge ID will also be a loadable card to add money for things like sporting clays. You’ll have your own card with your info on it that is personal to you. Swipe your card as you enter and go shoot. If you short sporting clays your clays will be recorded and if you have money on your card when you swipe out of the range the funds you have in there will be deducted according to the clays you shoot. Streamlines the payment process.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Yes you are correct. The app fee is separate from the membership. It is a one time life time fee. The app fee does go towards a background check and new membership badge ID cards to streamline the sign in process at the range. The badge ID will also be a loadable card to add money for things like sporting clays. You’ll have your own card with your info on it that is personal to you. Swipe your card as you enter and go shoot. If you short sporting clays your clays will be recorded and if you have money on your card when you swipe out of the range the funds you have in there will be deducted according to the clays you shoot. Streamlines the payment process.

what about bad clays?

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    The application fee is a big turn off. Especially because a leo/mil members and public members “loadable card” costs the company the same amount so why double the price?
    And what kind of background check? Criminal? Credit?
    Is there an application fee for a day pass purchaser?

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    bad clays that are broken as they exit will be taken off of your count. You are asked every time you come back in how many broke. We trust that you will be honest and those clays are taken off of your count and you are not charged for them.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The application fee is a big turn off. Especially because a leo/mil members and public members “loadable card” costs the company the same amount so why double the price?
    And what kind of background check? Criminal? Credit?
    Is there an application fee for a day pass purchaser?
    There is no app fee for day pass purchase.
    As far as what background check is conducted I’d ask that you direct that question to our range manager or director of operations at 850-537-4576. I do not want to give false or bad info. Again above my pay grade.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Recorded...

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Please keep in mind, while I may be here to give whatever info or answers that you guys may have, I do run the range nor am I in any management position. I am just another branch on the tree and will provide what I can. The office and management is always open to talking or giving tours and answering the more in-depth questions you may have.

Top Bottom