• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am looking for some in-ear (earbud type) electronic shooting protection. I find that the over ear shooting protection hampers my cheek position, as well as eliminates my ability to hear what is going on around me when hunting. I am considering buying some in-ear electronic "buds" that shut off/reduces the harmful noise of the rifle report. I've seen products that supposedly do this while enhancing normal sounds. Do any of you use any such product that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I use over the ear style Walker Razors. They amplify noise all around me. Mine is the Bluetooth version so I can also hear what my phone is doing thru them if I wanted. I've seen some in the ear types. I may try them soon and give this set to my brother. He tried them for the first time the other day and loved them. He said he has hearing issues and they helped it alot.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, I have a pair of Walker over the ear too and they seem fine. Cumbersome for the deer stand and putting the rifle up. That is why I would like some in-ear.

I am actively researching products right now and every manufacturers product seems to have bad reviews.

What to do?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I read somewhere, I forget where tbh, that over the ear is best for shooting big calibers up to let's say 50 cal. It's because sound can travel thru the ear bone and still do damage. (You'll have to check that tho as far as if it's true.)

I full-time wear a neckband set of Bluetooth earphones made for my phone and music. On small calibers they seem to be fine by themselves.
    I'd someone makes a neckband version that works for my phone, plus does ear protection I'd buy that. I don't think if like the individual ear style ones. Last time I tried that kind I kept losing one earphone lol. So I quit even paying attention to individual ear style ones.
    Neckband style ones when you want to remove them for whatever reason they dangle and don't get lost.
    I may poke around and see what's offered. If they make this kind yet I may buy some and give my walkers to my bro.
    One good thing about walkers tho is you can also attach a walkie talkie to them tho. They're hard to beat and as I said perhaps the safest kind

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use these. https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/v100009932/
    I lost most of my hearing using headphones with high cheek pieces. When I get behind the rifle the cheek piece would make contact with the headphones. I bought a bag of the skull screws to change out the ear buds. I think I paid $350 for them new.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have a set of these Caldwells that work decent, they don't provide the consistent protection like "over ear" but they work. I tend to use my Impact Sports more though.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    After doing a bunch of research I am considering these. Axil is a hearing aid company and they may know more about all aspects of sound. Anyone have any experience with them? BTW, Bass Pro has the best price for them.

1667765007366.png

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I use Impact Sports most of the time. Sometimes I use a plug type and raise them when the interfere with a comb on the one side them I am still able to hear other things on the side still over my ear. I have also been looking at the Axil for some of the rifle shooting I do. I have recently had a couple of indoor accidents and have been looking for something better.

Taxesar3theft

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    After doing a bunch of research I am considering these. Axil is a hearing aid company and they may know more about all aspects of sound. Anyone have any experience with them? BTW, Bass Pro has the best price for them.

View attachment 192573
    I have these and the walker silencers and I thin the walkers are worth the extra money just my opinion though and it's based on comfort

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I might be able to give up a little comfort for the additional 5dB protection they offer.

Top Bottom