• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a feeling drones are going to become a serious problem for people's privacy. Laws need to be made that makes it illegal for drones to film people on their own private property without their consent and make it legal to shoot the damn things out of the sky if they hover over your property.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just a thought ------> Who owns and/or has control of the "airspace" over my private property ?? To an altitude of how many feet ??

DAMN ..... ! ..... now I'm gettin' somewhat paranoid. :noidea: --- SAWMAN

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just a thought ------> Who owns and/or has control of the "airspace" over my private property ?? To an altitude of how many feet ??

DAMN ..... ! ..... now I'm gettin' somewhat paranoid. :noidea: --- SAWMAN

Sawman those are great damn questions and I think at some point that is going to have to be defined if it hasn't been already which I'm pretty sure it has not.

I'm a law abiding citizen but a drone hovering over my house would bring out the shotgun and no doubt my Obama voting for neighbors would turn my ass in for discharging a firearm in the city.

Last edited:

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will be using a 3" Turkey load in #5 shot!!! Perfect for drones! If they take you to jail and you take it to court I bet you could win a huge lawsuit and pay the little fine for discharging a firearm in city limits....

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    The consumer grade drones that are flying around now make quite a bit of noise, and most have flashing lights. They can't get more than 500/600 hundred feet from their controller. So, if you hear or see one over your house the owner can't be too far away. Those with Go Pro's mounted on them can get some amazing pictures though. I would rather put my money in to guns. When consumer grade stealth (very quiet) models come out that could be a problem. Shoot one down and you're looking at a Felony though. It would not be just a little fine.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Depends on what you call "consumer grade". The $100 cheapos are relatively loud but you wouldn't hear it 200' over your head. As far as distance, virtually any RC system is good enough to control way past visual range (with the exception of those real bottom end backyard flyer radios).

I've read what the laws are regarding airspace over property but don't remember the figures. I'll see if I can find the info.

Though I'm a lifetime advocate for RC, these multi-rotors are gonna be the death of the hobby. Anybody can succesfully fly one first time out whereas RC fixed wing and helicopters demand a commitment and a few wasted airframes to master. What happens is that by the time someone can succesfully take off, fly and land a model you're kind of past doing stupid shit with one. With this new stuff any kid can be obnoxious in 10 minutes.

CCC23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, all the above is true. I know a coworker who's 15yr old so has flow his "Droid" over 4 streets to hover over a shopping center parking lot. With a mounted camera, he can shoot video complete with sound and clearly make out people loading/unloading goods from shopping. Freakin crazy..... Privacy is over rated for some reason...

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can bet the FAA is paying close attention to these things. And just like a few morons with green laser pointers did for astronomy these quadcopter idiots will wreck it for the rest of us that fly line of sight models in a safe, responsible manner.

Some of the proposed rules put forth by the FAA would pretty much end R/C flying of the type Sean and I do should they ever come to pass. Can you picture R/C pilots needing to be licensed and their models inspected and certified by the FAA?

Rick

Top Bottom