• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The more people that comply to warrant less searches the more emboldened these anti constitutionalists get. Sure , it may not be a big deal on the surface, but freedom is stolen inch by inch. Not miles at a time.

Also, these agents will make you stick to the letter of the law, so make them. Hold them accountable. If they have no warrant, tell em to kick rocks

It wasn’t a warrantless search... it was a simple consensual encounter for the purpose of investigating possible straw activities.

We all know, or should know, you can simply refuse to entertain questions.

However, simple cooperation does not constitute giving up any rights. In fact, cooperating or refusing to cooperate is equal exercising of rights.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have a nice attorney who lives less than a mile away who is going to come over and have a nice conversation with them, and then I will send them a bill - and when they do not pay I will give another attorney a call and they will file against the nice government agency, make $100,000+ and I will not get a dime but will be very happy.
    LOL, I’m sure that’s exactly what will happen.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The title of this thread demonstrates how everything in our society is drama driven... door to door checks have begun?... seriously... a big nothing burger unless you live in the Chicago area and can afford to buy lots of guns.

Knock and talks are nothing new... the sky is not falling.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It wasn’t a warrantless search... it was a simple consensual encounter for the purpose of investigating possible straw activities.

We all know, or should know, you can simply refuse to entertain questions.

However, simple cooperation does not constitute giving up any rights. In fact, cooperating or refusing to cooperate is equal exercising of rights.

“it was a simple consensual encounter”...

Three LEO (state AND federal) show up on your property in tactical gear to ask you with a ‘guilty until proven innocent’ mentality to show them your firearms.

Neither simple nor consensual, in my opinion.

You’ve got your LEO background to inform your opinion.
    I’ve got my military background to inform mine.

Seems like those agents are rolling the dice they knock on the wrong door one day.

And for what? A warrantless urge to talk and hope a possible gun-runner just consensually gives up and hands them evidence of a crime?
    “Hope” is a piss-poor primary course of action.

Again, what a colossal waste of resources.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    “it was a simple consensual encounter”...

Three LEO (state AND federal) show up on your property in tactical gear to ask you with a ‘guilty until proven innocent’ mentality to show them your firearms.

Neither simple nor consensual, in my opinion.

You’ve got your LEO background to inform your opinion.
    I’ve got my military background to inform mine.

Seems like those agents are rolling the dice they knock on the wrong door one day.

And for what? A warrantless urge to talk and hope a possible gun-runner just consensually gives up and hands them evidence of a crime?
    “Hope” is a piss-poor primary course of action.

Again, what a colossal waste of resources.

I completely agree it’s a waste of time.

Apparently based on the officer’s attitude and efforts, they looked at one gun, they didn’t care either.

By the way, I did 20 years active duty Army.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I completely agree it’s a waste of time.

Apparently based on the officer’s attitude and efforts, they looked at one gun, they didn’t care either.

By the way, I did 20 years active duty Army.

Then you should understand more than most if they’re gonna hang their butts out there hope-fishing for a lottery-win, their tactics suck.

Just an entire library of WTF moments and layers of tinfoil hats wrapped up in that single Joint-LEO task force clownshoes event.

JP0311

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Then you should understand more than most if they’re gonna hang their butts out there hope-fishing for a lottery-win, their tactics suck.

Just an entire library of WTF moments and layers of tinfoil hats wrapped up in that single Joint-LEO task force clownshoes event.
    No kidding. Straight up compromise after compromise and then before you know it, we become the UK

Michael888

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here's a video that I'll put you at ease.
    I bet they could spend one day in Chicago and get a bunch of illegal guns and felons that are totin' em.
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...e-your-guns-atf-surprises-firearm-inspection/ I'm

SEEMS they were all very polite and NOT threatening,bullying. imo They would even take NO for an answer.
    They were even Fine to stay outside.

That said.

THEY have the right to ask....I have the right to say NO ThankYou Gentlemen.. I like Polite. I'm Polite back ,,,even if they are rude.

I'd put my dogs in their airline crates b4 doing anything else to make them safe IN CASE they bust in. My buddies would protect me and that would get them shot,heartbreaking.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    they were all very polite and NOT threatening,bullying. imo They would even take NO for an answer.
    They were even Fine to stay outside.

Yeah--but they also CAN be polite slipping cuffs on you.

They were "fine" to stay outside = they had no right to come inside.

Interact how you choose. But, don't make the colossal mistake of inviting them in. Anything and everything visible can then become an issue. And you can't monitor multiple people in the house. Leave them on the step, close the door, and (me) lock it. Regardless how friendly they seem, they will be in police mode once inside. Course I'd be polite at the door too if what I really want to do is get inside.

The "police" are not immune to being trespassers on your property.

Last edited:

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The title of this thread demonstrates how everything in our society is drama driven... door to door checks have begun?... seriously... a big nothing burger unless you live in the Chicago area and can afford to buy lots of guns.

Knock and talks are nothing new... the sky is not falling.
    So you think this was a one time thing? I hope you are right, but from what I have seen in the last couple years something that seems like a complete waste of time, a waste taxpayer money, and most importantly unconstitutional will become the normal. I think it has been blatant that your 2nd A is getting boxed in.

I think we will see something along the lines of, they finally catch someone contributing to straw purchases, gun used in a crime of course, then it will give them reason to limit purchases to say one handgun per month. Sounds crazy? It's Been law in NJ. I hope I am wrong but rolling over and complying doesn't seem to work.

With (3) of the LEO there at the house, my worry would be getting setup in the way of someone planting something illegal on my property. For instance, illegal drugs. Instant felon & prison. It's just good that never happens. I mean they already had a hard-on for the guy anyway.

In my mind LEO doing that makes me think they are not there to protect the law abiding citizens rights.

I think LEO has leg to stand on if a firearm or multiple firearms citizen purchased were involved in a crime. Then they could let the citizen know that was the reason why they were there and it would seem justified.

As jrosa said you will lose your freedom a little at a time. You won't even notice it. I am sure this was not a one time event either. I would be willing to bet that most people that have this done keep quiet so they do not face the retaliation of the feds and are not fortunate enough to have cameras in their home. After trying to stomach the Jan 6 committee trial crap...... I see No good intentions when it comes to my God given rights.

ATF BUDGET

2010- $1.12 BILLION
    2011- $1.12 BILLION
    2012- $ 1.12 BILLION
    2013- $1.153 BILLION
    2014- $1.3 BILLION
    2015- $1.2 BILLION
    2016- $1.4 BILLION
    2017- $1.3 BILLION
    2018- $1.27 BILLION
    2019- $1.3 BILLION
    2020- $1.4 BILLION
    2021- $1.67 BILLION

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bowhntr6pt

You really don't think this will happen a lot more? See that 2020 budget? How about that 2021 budget! That's a huge increase. What else do they have to spend money on? Who have they been really after? FFLs and law abiding citizens.
    I still hope you're right. I remember my dad telling me early on s*** in one hand and wish in the other, get back to him with with which one fills up first.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220723-085442~2.png
      Screenshot_20220723-085442~2.png
      99.4 KB · Views: 56

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Around October 2021, ATF was said to be doubling in size on feild offices. DOUBLE. Sounds like a huge sign of things to come. Right after I heard this a while back suddenly it seems is when all this brace talk and ban talk stuff started. Anyways I wonder when that expansion will be reflected in that budget chart if ever.
    f625628a9c893f08a1e1021bc7d83fe9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gotta have something for all those agents to do. Knockin on doors based on "suspicions" or "feelings" or "nothing really at all" is one. Knock on enough and you'll find something, eventually, and justify your existence.

Michael888

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah--but they also CAN be polite slipping cuffs on you.

They were "fine" to stay outside = they had no right to come inside.

Interact how you choose. But, don't make the colossal mistake of inviting them in. Anything and everything visible can then become an issue. And you can't monitor multiple people in the house. Leave them on the step, close the door, and (me) lock it. Regardless how friendly they seem, they will be in police mode once inside. Course I'd be polite at the door too if what I really want to do is get inside.

The "police" are not immune to being trespassers on your property.
    TruDat....

Very few come into my house. Period.

Yes Leave on doorstep. Shut lock door. No Warrant or you'd be on floor already. Call them and talk over phone.

Peace to all the Peaceful.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah. Tbh what if he did sell them. Or gifted them to family etc. He hasn't broke a law unless he intentionally sold them to a felon. So the crime hasn't even happened yet unless they found a felon with a gun linked to him. Then if that was the case it wouldn't be a nice door knock. But even if they did find a felon with one, it could have changed hands five times before he got it, or stole it. It still don't mean a crime happened. Imo they should be told to focus their efforts on keeping dangerous people locked up to begin with and not putting their job onto us and infringing our rights. If all the dangerous people stayed locked up, we'd not need a single law on the books. That's how I see it. It's simple really. Why is there even a dangerous felon walking the streets to begin with?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom