• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bought this plastic-ridden POS less than two weeks ago because the wife and the Internet were convinced it was great. Don't fall for it. 10 minutes into my boys using it the PLASTIC part that holds the safety cable failed. No start/ no run without. Wife has been attempting since the failure to get parts from caftsman, but they have failed miserably to respond. This POS is now going back to Lowe's for a refund.

I grew up with craftsman quality. It is no more. Contacted craftsman and told them they can FRO. Pissed? Yep. Save yourself the same. Stay away from this POS and tell you friends. As Neil Young said, "Red means run, son."

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I went through a Craftsman and two Hondas before I ended up with my Kobalt V80 mower. Never had good luck with gas mowers. If your property is under an acre I can't recommend the electric one enough. No issues and no maintenance after 3ish years of use.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    EGO battery powered is the way to go IF your yard is small. I love mine. Yes, Craftsman USED to be a good brand, now it's just China crap. EGO is China too, but made right.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Lawn boy with a Kohler engine - made it through 5 years of Florida and only had to fix it once (the pull start rotted through).

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a Ryobi 18V mower right now since I have a small rental yard and it works great. Off a 4ah battery I can mow the yard at least twice. If I get a bigger yard when I move I'll most likely get a 40V Ryobi mower. My weed eater and blower are 18V powered too and work great.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    John Deere is the way to go. The older the model the better. The only downfall they have is the paint. It will peel. Not sure if they don't prep the surface or use crap paint(both hehe). Parts are plentiful and Deere will keep them in the system so you can service it.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Lowe's does it everyday
    Last time I did an exchange at Lowes, I had to call sears, go thru the model #s of the exchanges (English was their 2nd language of course), they send the paperwork that I bring to Lowe's for the exchange. If I remember correctly Lowe's didn't even want the broken tools. I guess if I had known that is how the exchange policy is now I would have been prepared. I was used to the old way. Was just an extra trip and some phone time with what sounded like a telemarketer.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Last time I did an exchange at Lowes, I had to call sears, go thru the model #s of the exchanges (English was their 2nd language of course), they send the paperwork that I bring to Lowe's for the exchange. If I remember correctly Lowe's didn't even want the broken tools. I guess if I had known that is how the exchange policy is now I would have been prepared. I was used to the old way. Was just an extra trip and some phone time with what sounded like a telemarketer.
    I've taken screw drivers in and matched it up close and head to customer service. They scan and print a ticket and I'm gone. Much like sears used to be.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've taken screw drivers in and matched it up close and head to customer service. They scan and print a ticket and I'm gone. Much like sears used to be.
    Hopefully they changed that policy. My issue was when Lowe's first took on Craftsman.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Try exchanging "guaranteed for life" Craftsman hand tools nowadays. :mad:
    I’ve been wondering where and how to do that…I grew up with Craftsmen due to the fact that if it broke you could go to Sears pretty much anyway and get a replacement no questions asked.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went into Lowes with a broken 12" adjustable pliers. They were just as easy as Sears used to be for an exchange. In fact, they did not have a new 12" plier in stock so they asked me if I wanted them to order it or if I would accept a Kobalt. They have a lifetime warranty too, so I took it. Also have exchanged ratchets twice with no problem.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Kobalt 40 volt self propelled for mowing around the pool and trimming. A 2007 Snapper Hi-Vac rider that is built like tank mostly all steel very little plastic other than gas tank and seat. Very easy to work on and boringly reliable, try that with a big box store riding mower of any brand!

Attachments

• snapper.jpg
      snapper.jpg
      386.3 KB · Views: 25
    Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all the advice opinions. I've looked at electric and have come away determined I'm gonna stay with the polluters. Mostly because I have consistently had cordless tools fail right when I needed just another 20 minutes. Picked up a Toro rear-wheel-drive at Tractor Supply. Still in the box, but it has more steel parts than plastic. Will see how she goes. Hey, the box says America's number one mower. They wouldn't lie, would they?

FWIW, Craftsman still hasn't responded to my review/e-mail. Slinking away with their tail between their legs is enough for me. Sad, but it is what it is. 'Bye.

Latest posts

Top Bottom