• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Survey says, FEAR! Specifically, fear of "the law" was the number one answer on our survey, but the judges will accept fear.

I've often wondered if I could require an affidavit be signed, witnessed by a notary, and all captured on video; face forward, face left, face right; certifying the individual interested in discussing transaction hypotheticals was not ever associated with, employed by, related to, retired from, an informant for, and/or connected to in any way, shape, or form to/with any activity that could be considered law enforcement or investigative, to include privately-contracted in investigations, and/or the collecting, gathering, and/or storage of personal/personal information in any way, shape, or for. Just thoughts on a potential starting point. Hey, if you aren't doing anything wrong...

I just show my FDLE credentials. Or purchase after work while still in uniform. I never understood the mentality of wanting a CCW or whatever to purchase. This is still a free Florida (for now, anyway) and if the remote chance Florida becomes full Commiefornia, I'll turn in my badge and grab my SKS and go innawoods.

Until then, you're NOT ATF and I won't conduct business with sellers that want that warm and fuzzy feeling. Go pawn your weapon or sell it back to the feds instead lol.

lil'skeet

Master
    Why is everybody doing ATF job for them By making People show concealed carry permits to sell guns That's not our job
    In short, person "A" sells firearm to person "B". "A" purchased via 4473. Firearm is registered and documented to "A", I don't care what anyone says about firearms not being registered in certain states. If there is a 4473 and a call in for background check it is registered. When FFL gives up their license all 4473s get turned in to Gov.
    When firearm comes up in a crime, serial # pulled, trace starts at manufacturer or importer. Manufacturer or importer Shows transaction to wholesaler, wholesaler shows transaction to dealer, dealer shows transaction to "A". At this point "A" is guilty of whatever crime involved that firearm unless "A" can show some good proof of legal transaction to "B". The more info you have on "B", the quicker you get out of boiling water.
    As far as your constitution goes, have at it and do yourself an open carry in California with an AK or 20 some round gwock and let us know how that works for you.
    If you are last in line with that 4473 it's yours until you prove otherwise.
    If you think you have "rights" from your "constitution", you may want to pay attention to what's going on around you. Not trying to insult you but ignorance doesn't hold up in court...... unless you still have that build back better bumper sticker on your Prius.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I just show my FDLE credentials. Or purchase after work while still in uniform. I never understood the mentality of wanting a CCW or whatever to purchase. This is still a free Florida (for now, anyway) and if the remote chance Florida becomes full Commiefornia, I'll turn in my badge and grab my SKS and go innawoods.

Until then, you're NOT ATF and I won't conduct business with sellers that want that warm and fuzzy feeling. Go pawn your weapon or sell it back to the feds instead lol.
    Showing your FDLE credentials or being in a uniform is the exact same thing as flashing your CWP but yet you won't do that. Doesn't make sense. Why would you provide one but not the other? Both are state issued.
    A seller is not trying to be the ATF, just wants assurance.

If I want something I conform to the sellers requests.
    Tell me why anyone would go to a dealer and provide drivers license and CWP to purchase a firearm that 100% ties you to that item, but if a guy on the street just asks if you have one it's not ok?

Not trying to argue, trying to learn the way you fellas think.
    I'd much rather provide my CWP for viewing pleasure than fill out a damn form and have to pay money for my right, right? Which one sounds like it infringes more?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    In short, person "A" sells firearm to person "B". "A" purchased via 4473. Firearm is registered and documented to "A", I don't care what anyone says about firearms not being registered in certain states. If there is a 4473 and a call in for background check it is registered. When FFL gives up their license all 4473s get turned in to Gov.
    When firearm comes up in a crime, serial # pulled, trace starts at manufacturer or importer. Manufacturer or importer Shows transaction to wholesaler, wholesaler shows transaction to dealer, dealer shows transaction to "A". At this point "A" is guilty of whatever crime involved that firearm unless "A" can show some good proof of legal transaction to "B". The more info you have on "B", the quicker you get out of boiling water.
    As far as your constitution goes, have at it and do yourself an open carry in California with an AK or 20 some round gwock and let us know how that works for you.
    If you are last in line with that 4473 it's yours until you prove otherwise.
    If you think you have "rights" from your "constitution", you may want to pay attention to what's going on around you. Not trying to insult you but ignorance doesn't hold up in court...... unless you still have that build back better bumper sticker on your Prius.

If, on the off chance, a gun you used to own is used in a crime, you are NOT automatically “guilty” until you prove you sold it. You aren’t even “guilty” if you still own it. You are “guilty” if a trial finds you as such.

Would you be a person of interest? Maybe.

Until the investigator sees that the crime was committed while you were on vacation three hundred miles away, or while you were at work, or while any other alibi that applies. Or, you have no alibi. None. But you have nothing to do with the victim, and your description doesn’t match what they already know about the suspect. Etc etc etc.

So what then? You’re “guilty” of what? Not writing down a bunch of ID info? Not your job to be a record keeper. You had no reason to believe the buyer was ineligible. Ten seconds after the transaction, all bets are off. Not your problem.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Honestly, to me asking for FL CCW and sign a bill of sale cuts out the deadbeats typically. I've never actually asked to see the CCW or fill out the bill of sale; but just that the person was willing to do it was enough to setup the sale.

As a buyer I'll do both if I want the item, but that's freedom of choice.

Don't like it? Move along.

M60Gunner

Master
    Hey everybody's got to start their education somewhere, and this man's come to the right place to get an education in guns, ammo and politics
    Yes I often quote that study. ETA all this is moot come Thanksgiving unless the supremes get involved as any sale outside an FFL is verboten.

Last edited:

lil'skeet

Master
    If, on the off chance, a gun you used to own is used in a crime, you are NOT automatically “guilty” until you prove you sold it. You aren’t even “guilty” if you still own it. You are “guilty” if a trial finds you as such.

Would you be a person of interest? Maybe.

Until the investigator sees that the crime was committed while you were on vacation three hundred miles away, or while you were at work, or while any other alibi that applies. Or, you have no alibi. None. But you have nothing to do with the victim, and your description doesn’t match what they already know about the suspect. Etc etc etc.

So what then? You’re “guilty” of what? Not writing down a bunch of ID info? Not your job to be a record keeper. You had no reason to believe the buyer was ineligible. Ten seconds after the transaction, all bets are off. Not your problem.
    True with a fair justice system. Now in today's society, a Gun owner on a gun forum in the deep south in Florida.... introduce a Soros backed DA, Judge, jury, Police chief, etc, and let the media throw a spin on it because you had a few 1000 rounds in spam cans a stack of loaded 30 round mags and a couple ARs. Just one of those things, consider yourself guilty until you spend enough time and $ to prove innocence, unless you have a realistic paper trail and documentation of you no longer being in possession of the firearm.
    I am by no means in favor of any gun "laws", but it is a game you should be ready to play unless you are a politicians child on the anti gun side of politics.

lil'skeet

Master
    Yes I often quote that study. ETA all this is moot come Thanksgiving unless the supremes get involved as any sale outside an FFL is verboten.
    That will be coming sooner rather than later. Unfortunately. You as a gun owner will be made a felon come hell or high water. You will be disarmed. You will own nothing and be happy.

lil'skeet

Master
    Guess I better have a super everything must go trunk sale. Except for the 25 essential firearms I need...lol.
    Eh, you only need 1 gun. Straight from a man smart enough to be our emperor.
    A dbl barrel shotgun. 1 shot in the air when you step out on the porch, the next is to off yourself when the Willy & Hellary had enough of you.

lil'skeet

Master
    I am not aware of an FFL charging taxes on a firearm they are not selling
    True, for online transfers most of the time. Had a few FFLs try to hit my customers with sales tax, especially when "COVID" was hot, heavy, and killing people by the truckload and peaceful protests were popping up everywhere. I was able to call them out on it and let them know they were a$$holes and were part of the problem with America. Most of them were $75 and up for the transfer!
    Funny thing was that it was all in the gun hating states. 3 in NY. 2 in CA. 1 in NJ. Just trying to rip people off at a time when they were already getting raped.

Top Bottom