HD Tactical

Does anybody know a fix for Glock brass to face?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a gen 3 G17 that will throw some brass in my face. What is the fix for the problem or should I just send it back to Glock? On a side note I have a gen 4 G26 that runs perfectly, no BTF.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mine has issues with white box or lower powered loads. AFA sending it back, a Glock armoror can get warranty parts.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mine has issues with white box or lower powered loads. AFA sending it back, a Glock armoror can get warranty parts.

Glocks should still cycle lower powered ammo properly, I have shot several XD pistols with cheap ammo and have never had a problem.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glocks should still cycle lower powered ammo properly, I have shot several XD pistols with cheap ammo and have never had a problem.

The way it was explained to me is that low power loads operate the slide slower which changes the ejection angle. Pistol still runs normally.

DMurphy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was shooting some winchester white box out of my glock 30 this weekend and had the same problem. The brass was ejecting straight up and back on me. The last time I shot the pistol I had PPU and Buffalo Bore +p and did not notice the brass hitting me. I was thinking this was a dual spring issue, but your gen 3 does not have that. I will see what the glock does with some tula I have, and if it cycles that fine will just stay away from the white box.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think I'm gonna send it back to glock the douce bags want me to ship it over night to them at my expense that should cost $40-$50 I mean I bought the gun new in December they could at least cover the shipping, other gun manufacturers pay the shipping. I talk to their customer service people twice and they were not overly helpful I am disappointed in the Glock customer service.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    hold it upright, not sideways

....when will they learn.

:)
    Hey scuba if I make it over your way I will have to take you up on the offer thanks, but first I'm gonna take it to where I bought it from they will probably fix it.

Attachments

• th.jpg
      th.jpg
      15 KB · Views: 232

GregG

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think I'm gonna send it back to glock the douce bags want me to ship it over night to them at my expense that should cost $40-$50 I mean I bought the gun new in December they could at least cover the shipping, other gun manufacturers pay the shipping. I talk to their customer service people twice and they were not overly helpful I am disappointed in the Glock customer service.
    Glock has always had hit or miss service, every time I have had an issue it's been like "you have a problem with a glock I don't believe that". The best I have delt with hands down is Ruger with Smith & Wesson a close second. Having good service to me is just as important as making a good product.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glock has always had hit or miss service, every time I have had an issue it's been like "you have a problem with a glock I don't believe that". The best I have delt with hands down is Ruger with Smith & Wesson a close second. Having good service to me is just as important as making a good product.
    I had a problem with a Ruger one time and called them and they almost instantly emailed me a UPS shipping label. That's why I was surprised by Glocks customer service they were very short with me and almost rude. When I told them that I had a gen 3 G17 RTF2 the tech instantly cut me off and said we haven't produced those guns in a long time, which doesn't matter because I bought the gun new in December. I have to say I am very disappointed in Glocks customer (no) service!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I am not a "certified" Glock armorer......BUT...If I was,probably the first question I would ask is --> Is your Glock exactly like it came from the factory ?? Does it have all OEM Glock parts in it ?? How clean is it(or dirty) ?? Limp wristing ?? It is extremely hard to get a Glock NOT to run by limp wristing...however...I have seen it done(somewhat). Are you using OEM Glock mags ??

Guessing.....I would say.....your problem could be as "simple" as slide speed. Thing is...caused by what ?? --- SAWMAN

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have installed a glock worx 3.5 lb connector and a competition trigger spring but it had this problem before I made any modifications. From what I have been reading online everyone says to change the ejector to a gen 4 ejector but it has to be part number 30274.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May I ask what the diff is between the G4 and the G3 extractors. Maybe angle of the face of the ejector(the part that the brass slams against),or maybe the angle of the top of it as compaired to the bore line,maybe the stiffness of it or its's polymer frame.

Just wondering. I have never owned a G3 Glock 17 however I have fired countless rounds thru several different ones of them(and Glock 31's)and have never expieranced this problem. Mag's ??? Still guessing slide speed.

I do know that you can effect the ejection of a 1911 pretty easily by tweaking the face of the ejector. --- SAWMAN

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May I ask what the diff is between the G4 and the G3 extractors. Maybe angle of the face of the ejector(the part that the brass slams against),or maybe the angle of the top of it as compaired to the bore line,maybe the stiffness of it or its's polymer frame.

Just wondering. I have never owned a G3 Glock 17 however I have fired countless rounds thru several different ones of them(and Glock 31's)and have never expieranced this problem. Mag's ??? Still guessing slide speed.

I do know that you can effect the ejection of a 1911 pretty easily by tweaking the face of the ejector. --- SAWMAN
    Here it is Sawman! My current ejector is a 336 I need the 30274 the top view picture the one on the left is a 30274 and the one on the right is a 336, the side view the front one is the 336 and the middle one is the 30274.

Attachments

• 30274_ejector.jpg
      30274_ejector.jpg
      25.6 KB · Views: 195
    • 003-7.jpg
      003-7.jpg
      77.3 KB · Views: 223
    • Ejector%201.jpg
      Ejector%201.jpg
      121 KB · Views: 188

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Take a close look at the "face" of both ejectors. look at the angles. Can you gently stone the face of your current ejector to gently angle to the right side of the gun. Toward the ejection port side. If so, you will have to do it gently without heating it up. Guessing......it is surface hardened. Keep the OAL...change the angle. --- SAWMAN

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From my online research here is a tip for buying a Gen 4 Glock pull the slide off and make sure the ejector is a 30274 as pictured above this eliminates the BTF problem.

Top Bottom