Do ya use it? Or does it sit in the safe?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I have a bad habit of dragging my weapons all over the place. That's why I like used and pre dinged stuff. Can't bring myself to buy pristine weapons. Hoping to run across a wacked up spray painted P80 someday or a coach gun with character. I feel like I have to take them out and use them or sell em off. I have several I need to sell because they are just too nice or new.

5.56Operator

Hero of the Imperium
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have some weapons that are straight safe queens, and some that are work horses. I use my “lower end” weapons (Andersons, Glocks etc) the most, while my Desert Eagle, KRISS Super V and Gucci ARs sit in my safe.

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oh hell, I’m guilty. I have weapons that I hunt with and weapons that are carry/home defense- And they get used regularly.
    But I also have some nice collectible high-end shotguns (think D and B grade 20 gauge Parkers) that rarely get taken out other than to oil and admire.
    I have been motivated… Taking a couple Parkers to the range this weekend. Thanks

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m much more of a shooter than a collector. I shoot the few guns I have a lot and replace them when they break. If I’m not shooting something I sell it off.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had some fairly "less than common" stuff. I'm getting up in age and when I told my daughter that when I'm gone not to let some of these go cheap she said to me "if you want to get what you believe they are worth, sell them now". So that's what I did. Safe queens are gone - only shooters left. That is, I have one unfired Sig left.

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have never been a safe queen person, I buy guns to shoot and enjoy and them just sitting in the safe collecting dust doesn't seem right to me, I understand there are collectors out there, but I enjoy shooting what I own on a regular basis.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If it's a firearm, and I can get ammo for it, I'm going to shoot it. I don't see a point in having something that doesn't get used. That being said, I don't have any firearms that would be considered pristine collector pieces. Even if I did, I'd probably still shoot them at least once a year or so because I can't stand to see them sitting there collecting dust, and you can only clean them so much without having something other than maybe a little dust off of them.

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I have some safe queens that rarely get used, but I’m always shocked when I see true collector safe queens like 40 year old H&K’s that are still unfired and in the box….how much self control must that take to not fire something badass, not even once in all those years?

ammodave

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I try to shoot everything occasionally. My only safe queen is an unfired Winchester (Miroku) takedown model 92 in .357 magnum. It's too purty to shoot!

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess I'm overly practical in that if I can't use something for its intended purpose, I don't need/want it. I will confess that I have a couple of guns given to me by my long gone grandfather that I will shoot only for the memories they inspire. I don't have the money/means to collect and look at "high value" guns, so don't. Wouldn't if I could...

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a bad habit of dragging my weapons all over the place. That's why I like used and pre dinged stuff. Can't bring myself to buy pristine weapons. Hoping to run across a wacked up spray painted P80 someday or a coach gun with character. I feel like I have to take them out and use them or sell em off. I have several I need to sell because they are just too nice or new.

I have no problems buying used firearms, I actually prefer them because most are safe queens or carried a lot, shot a little.

That said, I have a few pistols and long guns that I no longer use like my International Skeet shotgun, My Trap, sporting and hunting shotguns. I keep them because... well I guess I get separation anxiety thinking of selling them. They're like an old friend with memories attached to them.

The same applies to some of my handguns. Some used in competition, others bought from or used a lot with friends now long ago passed away, they have a sentimental attachment.

I figure they're not eating anything and they'll likely be more valuable tomorrow than today and my son will benefit from their sale when I'm gone.

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I buy guns for the investment. I have many safe queens. They are older unique long guns. My dad passed and I got a Marlin gold trigger 30-30 that is absolutely gorgeous. I shoot the newer guns that I build. I'm a impulse buyer. Bought a .308 pump Remington Game Master 760 I think that is very unique. Just bought a 410 Mossberg 500eg pump that is so nice, like new for a old gun. I bought a brand new American Predator Ruger .308 last year, put a $500 scope on it, sighted it in, killed one deer with it last year and have not shot it again. I still have not shot that 410. I put the word on the street that I buy guns if you are in a financial bind. With the 410, I got a Beretta FS92 that had never been shot, all for $600. I have safe queens for sure.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I had some fairly "less than common" stuff. I'm getting up in age and when I told my daughter that when I'm gone not to let some of these go cheap she said to me "if you want to get what you believe they are worth, sell them now". So that's what I did. Safe queens are gone - only shooters left. That is, I have one unfired Sig left.
    Me too, I’m in the same boat. I need to be selling lots of firearms I’ve collected over the years before my son and daughter just sell them for practically nothing

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    When I was young I was a car guy for a few seasons. There was a saying, “real street machines have rock chips”. I realized if you wanted to be a real hot rod guy you needed a lot of money or skill. I didn’t have a lot of either so I gave it up. I don’t have the cash to be a serious collector or the skill to be a serious builder so I guess I’ll keep buying shooters and shooting them.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom