• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Anyone have any experience with a dillon 650 loader? I have made a deal with a guy for a used one but have been seeing some posts online about people having issues with them regarding primer feeding. Is there really an issue or is it mainly operator error? Am I borrowing trouble worrying about it? Thanks

Eddie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have one of the very early models, 93-94. Dillon over hauled about 8 or 9 years ago. Just before I returned it, I began flipping primers. The platform had warped over the googleplex rounds loaded over 20? years. Unless I try to push beyond about 3k without cleaning, any issues are on me. I've had more primer problems with my 550 (not many) using the system the 750 has. YMMV.

Hand Cannon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have been running a 650 since 2006. A lot of rounds have come off that machine. A few years ago, I started flipping primers sideways which of course then crush. Talked to the Dillon folks. Turned out to be an alignment issue. They sent me a tool to align the head and a handful of other parts to basically rebuild the primer feed. All at no cost. The Dillon folks are really good to deal with. They truly stand behind their product. Unless that used 650 has really been abused, I would not be afraid of it.

Top Bottom