• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been to their stores in Tulsa, Nashville, and at the one in AL over by Bass Pro.

All have been overpriced, terrible selection, no reloading stuff in any of them, and their employees are idiots.

To top it off, their stance against modern sporting rifles going so far as fucking people over that pre-ordered the I think Troy rifles makes them dead to me.

I will stick to online or Academy.

YMMV.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dick's doesn't have much ammo. They don't sell any centerfire pistol ammo, just a very limited selection of "hunting" cartridges and some shotgun shells. They don't sell pistols and they pulled their AR's after the shooting in Connecticut. Don't get your hopes up for the gun side of the store, but they do have an excellent golf section:rockon:

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You get what you pay for with employees, pay minimum wage and get either highschool or college kids or people who can't find work elswhere. You can get a few knowledgable people, retirees etc, but for the most part thats what you get.

Back to target I have to drive past academy to get to dicks, and I hate the mall.... Probally not gonna get alot of my business.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been job hunting myself and had an interview at Dick's last week. I was told they plan to open the store with 60 employees. Five (5) of those will be full time and the balance will be part-time with 15-20 hours per week at $8.00 an hour or so.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, it's looks to be that this Dick's store will add some jobs to the Pensacola Area, can't complain about that! If you guys are disatisfied with there service at other stores, why not make a difference and get hired on here. Your knowledge could go a long, long way!!!!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Look I know some folks need a job no matter where it is, I have no problem w that but saying that, if I would not shop there, I damn sure would not work for them...personally

Alientaz

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know that I will not shop at Dick's due to the assault weapon policies. Some of you may or may not know Sports Authority is closing in Aug per a store employer.

Bootwo2000

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dicks is crap. When i was stationed in OKC i went there once. Their prices were so much higher than the BX and no semi auto rifles. Go blow through Dicks if you want to but that progessive liberal company wont see a dime of my overlytaxed dollar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Drove by there Friday night. They are behind Best Buy over by Steak and Shake.

The sign out front said June 19th is their grand opening.

That being said, Frak 'em for their overpriced crap and shitty anti-black rifle policy.

linkovich

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I went to the Dicks across from bass pro a couple weeks ago...This was my first time in one and will probably be my last. I was less than impressed with their selection, employees, and prices. The one employee working hunting and fishing was to busy trying to watch a college baseball game and messing with the remote control to bother helping customers. Their fishing section was pathetic and their hunting section was even worse. I agree, some of the people at academy aren't to bright, but I typically already know what I'm looking for or at so I don't usually interact with any of them.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The only Dick's I've ever been in was the one in Montgomery. AL. It was a waste of my time. If the local one is anything like the MGM one I'll never darken their door. They had a great selection of overpriced spandex, if you're into that kinda stuff - that and golf stuff. Not to my liken. Hunting, shooting, fishing stuff was minimal. So, why would I go there?

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All the Dicks I have been to are as everyone mentioned above. Overpriced, less stuff, and crappy employees. I will stick with Academy and my occasional trips to Bass Pro, and hope and pray for a Cabelas. The Cabelas in NW Indiana was off the chain. Used, surplus, new firearms. Ammo deals. The lot.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    All the Dicks I have been to are as everyone mentioned above. Overpriced, less stuff, and crappy employees. I will stick with Academy and my occasional trips to Bass Pro, and hope and pray for a Cabelas. The Cabelas in NW Indiana was off the chain. Used, surplus, new firearms. Ammo deals. The lot.

Cabelas is my favorite and I used to hope they got one here. I think I would rather see one in Mobile though so we don't get nailed with sales tax on mail orders. But then, I think Florida is working to fix that anyway, aren't they ?
    Seems like I read where they are trying to make it where all mail orders have to pay sales tax.
    Hmm, come to think of it, that might be a national thing, not just Florida.
    I was in Dick's yesterday and they sure have a lot of fishing equipment. Tons of rods.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, the feds are working on a law that we would have to pay at least state sales tax on all internet orders. Of course then the counties and cities would jump in the fray. What is crazy is that Amazon is in favor of the law.

I would love to see a Cabela's closer than Gonzales, LA but it's tempting to make a day trip over there. I was in the one near Detroit a couple of years ago. Very nice.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am not driving anywhere to buy from a chain store that does not offer best pricing, almost all Dicks and cabelas deals can be beat online, Academy is usually better pricing but still not worth the drive. Even w tax on the internet it will be cheaper than the gas to get there. If you add your time, gas, and local tax, most deals at the stores can be beat online.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got a text from a buddy last night saying that they had a lot of ammo in stock upon opening, I didn't get into specifics but it sounds like it may be worth checking out if you're in need!

On another note, the Dicks over in Daphne isn't worth the stop, they never have anything.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cabela's runs some good specials online and in the stores. Right now is a good time to buy winter clothes from them. Bass Pro "specials" are specifically made to sell at what appears to be lower than normal price (cheap shit). 90% of my buying is online but I like to wander the big stores and look. Sometimes putting your hands on something tells you a lot more than a picture on a web page.

Top Bottom