• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Poboy55

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have recently, by way of trade, become the proud owner of a Dan Wesson 357. I have zero previous knowledge or experience with these. I believe it to be a 15-2 model. It has an 8" barrel. I am asking first for overall opinions. I would also like for someone to explain to me why the replacement barrels are so expensive online. If these were all sold with multiple barrels, why so costly? Finally anyone with any general tips, I would appreciate anything u feel I should know. Thanks in advance.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is a good revolver. Not all of them were sold in "pistol packs" with multiple barrels. Their hey day was back in the '80s -- when revolvers were still the norm. The revolvers are a very strong design, and because the barrels are under tension (threaded at both the frame and the muzzle), they are very accurate. CZ now owns Dan Wesson. At times, they have produced the revolvers again. Currently out of production -- their webstore does offer some items:

http://shop.cz-usa.com/C-156/357-MAGNUM.aspx

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Didn't realize the barrels were still in production/for sale...A few yrs ago while shooting at the Range past five corners in Pace a older gent let me shoot his .357 4" Dan Wesson revolver and it was smooth as silk from what I recall...

1956_4x4

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Dan Wesson kit that I picked up in the mid-eighties. As mentioned, it's smooth and a blast to shoot. Mine is the stainless 715-VH and it came with the 2, 4, 6, and 8 inch barrels. The barrels and shrouds show up on eBay once in a while, but some of the prices can be crazy. I just did a search and there are some barrel/shroud combos that cost more than I paid for my entire kit new.

Be sure to keep the gap between the barrel and the cylinder at .006".

Smitty

Poboy55

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes sir, my buddy that traded with me gave me a tool specifically for keeping that gap. And I still have not gotten out to the range with this. It is killing me, but I simply don't have time right now.

Top Bottom