• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hatecheese

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    About 2 months ago I posted I had ordered a SP-01 from CGW. I'm a little slow in posting a report, but here it is.

Got a call from David (owner I think) of CGW to review my order, discuss my specifics, etc. As he explained, he would again call me the day before my gun was on the bench. Great discussing everything, and I really enjoyed talking thru the options with him. Although I had read great reviews about CGW it was nice to see that they really like what they do, like to discuss and offer suggestions. Overall, just a great process and company to deal with.

I opted for their pro package which moves the trigger back with their reach reduction, lightens it, and smooths it out. Also adjusted was the reset - wow - 3mm. SA is 3lbs 9oz, and DA is 7lbs 15oz. Here are the details from their site - https://cajungunworks.com/product/in-shop-only-75-series-pro-package-426-00/

A few weeks ago it arrived at my FFL. It is easily the best trigger I've ever felt. I was worried the DA pull might be hard, it makes a big difference when it is smooth.

As many have noted, the ergonomics just 'fit right' and this gun is like a glove. It really feels natural in the hand and points naturally. Better than any pistol I've shot before.

Accuracy is fantastic. I'll need to become a better shooter because it can definitely out shoot me. The most interesting thing is how much it communicates to you - the best way I can describe it is this - for each trigger pull you know how the pull felt like 'I got that one perfect', I flinched, i jerked the trigger vs squeezed, etc. Good trigger pulls eat the center of the target, but what has amazed me is the 'oh that was a crappy trigger pull, I yanked it left' and it is 2 in left of center.

The full steel frame really eats up recoil, and it is quick back on target. The standard CZ sights are easy to pick up and seem to work very well in low light/dark.

I've yet to put any rounds of SD ammo thru it, but once I do it will replace my glock as as my HD gun.

Here are some picks of the first range session. The shots outside of center are all me, not the gun and some are with the target at the extent of their pistol range.

I'm thoroughly impressed with both CZ and CGW. I think I'll have a glock for sale shortly as I'm going all CZ from now on.

Attachments

• 20160920_182710.jpg
      20160920_182710.jpg
      415.1 KB · Views: 214
    • 20160920_183317.jpg
      20160920_183317.jpg
      313.4 KB · Views: 207
    • 20160920_195456.jpg
      20160920_195456.jpg
      723.4 KB · Views: 217
    • 20160920_195541.jpg
      20160920_195541.jpg