• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Try'n Hard

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    9th year here and they have always cleaned it up every night, turned it off this afternoon since there is so much uneaten on the ground. Just got a camera on it but guessing not gonna get many pics. Woods and trees still full of acorns and Im guessing thats whats up? This the Camden AL area. Anybody else got anything weird happening? Do we need a hard freeze??

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Don't tell me you bought the Great Value brand trying to save a few bucks (no pun inten... OK, pun INTENDED! : )

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sounds like somebody peed on it,thats an old fashion thing people been peeing on deer feeders for ever
    when fish and game sees those piles flying around they stake em out that's shooting over bait and they will

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Y'all are doing it wrong. Hang the corn crib out the bathroom window and prop your rifle next to the commode. Take the screen off and leave the bathroom window open. When Bambi comes for breakfast feed Him a little lead. Works everytime. LOL. Happy Hunting!

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Corn is like candy to deer. If they have a nutritional need then they will stop eating it to focus on what their body is missing.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have 2 feeders out in food plots with cameras overlooking them. Deer don't seem very interested in the corn. I get more pics of the squirrles and coons eating the corn than I do deer. Two weeks ago when I was last there there was a bunch of corn on the ground.

BTW what is going on with deer movement this week? In the last 5 days I've gotten exactly 2 camera pics of deer in my food plots. Earlier I was getting 10 to 20 pics during a 24hr period. Is it all this abnormally warm weather we've been having? Property is outside Jackson, AL.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haven’t y’all realized yet that feeding during hunting season only makes the deer movement basically stop. Feeding during the off season helps by maintaining a food source but it doesn’t do anything for increasing the chance at that illusive buck. Hunt the rut for that. For what y’all waist in money for corn and bait I can buy a lot of fine meat and seafood and still go kill a deer any time I feel the need. And by the way notice that when and if the deer come to the feeder it’s normally not during shooting hours, the deer have y’all fooled. The last hunting club I was in started feeding , they couldn’t understand why no one was seeing any deer, I told them to stop feeding finally they listened and they started seeing and shooting deer.

Try'n Hard

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haven’t y’all realized yet that feeding during hunting season only makes the deer movement basically stop. Feeding during the off season helps by maintaining a food source but it doesn’t do anything for increasing the chance at that illusive buck. Hunt the rut for that. For what y’all waist in money for corn and bait I can buy a lot of fine meat and seafood and still go kill a deer any time I feel the need. And by the way notice that when and if the deer come to the feeder it’s normally not during shooting hours, the deer have y’all fooled. The last hunting club I was in started feeding , they couldn’t understand why no one was seeing any deer, I told them to stop feeding finally they listened and they started seeing and shooting deer.

My 40 yrs of hunting has told me pretty much the opposite

Rockola2004

Old Soul Gun Enthusiast
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have 2 feeders out in food plots with cameras overlooking them. Deer don't seem very interested in the corn. I get more pics of the squirrles and coons eating the corn than I do deer. Two weeks ago when I was last there there was a bunch of corn on the ground.

BTW what is going on with deer movement this week? In the last 5 days I've gotten exactly 2 camera pics of deer in my food plots. Earlier I was getting 10 to 20 pics during a 24hr period. Is it all this abnormally warm weather we've been having? Property is outside Jackson, AL.
    I’ve hunted south Alabama over 20 years. We typically have a December lull in deer sightings. The warm weather doesn’t help either.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Deer have slacked off on my corn too, not getting pics hardly at all now at the feeders. Fattening up the squirrels, turkeys, and coons though. This heat along with the moon phase is definitely a factor. Too much for them to browse around on in the woods plus like Rockola2004 said we always have a lull in December

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    sounds like somebody peed on it,thats an old fashion thing people been peeing on deer feeders for ever
    when fish and game sees those piles flying around they stake em out that's shooting over bait and they will
    Here in Bama we can pay a $15 extra fee on our license to legally hunt over corn.
    Lots of acorns this year, I've watched deer pass up a corn pile to eat acorns, their favorite are white oak, of all my oaks, I have 1 white oak on my property.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Well they decided to eat some corn this evening, problem is, we have too many members feeding corn in our club, lol

Attachments

• A8CE9091-F1ED-458E-BAEC-F3CC6D56C86F.jpeg
      A8CE9091-F1ED-458E-BAEC-F3CC6D56C86F.jpeg
      319.4 KB · Views: 42
    • F5324F3F-5702-4728-B5C6-7B49C620D809.jpeg
      F5324F3F-5702-4728-B5C6-7B49C620D809.jpeg
      902.5 KB · Views: 43
    Top Bottom