• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    $800. go to Gun Broker they start at $1000 , I am open to offers or possible trade

Thanks. I just wanted to know how much you wanted for it since it's been a bit of a guessing game for the last two days

flaernurse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oh, I was asking how much cash he was going to add to get the Rolex....I have one too and my friend has one he wants to sell

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Gunbroker isn't often the best source for pricing a gun unless you see the actual sales of that gun for those prices. A lot of guns are listed at prices higher than anyone is willing to pay and sit on the site with no bids or buys. And like a previous poster commented, if the numbers aren't all matching (your barrel doesn't match), then the value is reduced significantly to a serious collector and it's just a shooter piece to take to the range so they don't dirty the matching number model they have. In this area, in this current market, it's going to be hard to get the prices you'll see on GunBroker. There are rules for posting firearms, and you must put a value in the post, be it trade value and/or sell value. If you're valuing it at $800, then include that in your post. It's a pretty gun, and if the gunsmith is right about the serial number and rare finish, then it could be a diamond in the rough for a collector looking for that specific gun, but that's a niche market and you'd have better luck on GunBroker or another auction site that caters to such things. Just make sure that your gunsmith was right and not just blowing smoke up your ass like so many do before advertising it as such on those sights or the buyer might sue you.
    If this helps, all of the pistols they produced were done with a black oxide finish except for a rare few that were produced for the Argentine navy, which had a parkerized finish. However, all military production guns were stamped with the Argentine crest. And the factory did a lot of refinishing on civilian and police models to the parkerized finish. In my opinion, what you have is a nice 1911 that's likely been refinished nicely and re-barrelled. Here's an excellent article on the subject:

It's definitely a really nice firearm, whether it's as rare as your gunsmith says or not, and would be a nice addition to someone's collection for sure.

Reactions: JAR

JAR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gunbroker isn't often the best source for pricing a gun unless you see the actual sales of that gun for those prices. A lot of guns are listed at prices higher than anyone is willing to pay and sit on the site with no bids or buys. And like a previous poster commented, if the numbers aren't all matching (your barrel doesn't match), then the value is reduced significantly to a serious collector and it's just a shooter piece to take to the range so they don't dirty the matching number model they have. In this area, in this current market, it's going to be hard to get the prices you'll see on GunBroker. There are rules for posting firearms, and you must put a value in the post, be it trade value and/or sell value. If you're valuing it at $800, then include that in your post. It's a pretty gun, and if the gunsmith is right about the serial number and rare finish, then it could be a diamond in the rough for a collector looking for that specific gun, but that's a niche market and you'd have better luck on GunBroker or another auction site that caters to such things. Just make sure that your gunsmith was right and not just blowing smoke up your ass like so many do before advertising it as such on those sights or the buyer might sue you.
    If this helps, all of the pistols they produced were done with a black oxide finish except for a rare few that were produced for the Argentine navy, which had a parkerized finish. However, all military production guns were stamped with the Argentine crest. And the factory did a lot of refinishing on civilian and police models to the parkerized finish. In my opinion, what you have is a nice 1911 that's likely been refinished nicely and re-barrelled. Here's an excellent article on the subject:

It's definitely a really nice firearm, whether it's as rare as your gunsmith says or not, and would be a nice addition to someone's collection for sure.
    Thank you sir! I appreciate your input and value your opinion. Merry Christmas

Top Bottom