• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Camo40

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm new to this so not sure if this is right place to place an ad. I'm looking to buy a Colt 1911 with the wood grips. If I'm in wrong section please let me know where to post. If anyone has this gun for sale please message me with details. Thanks!

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    No worries. The moderators here will see it and move it and delete it. They do a good job. There's a gun show this weekend at the Pensacola fairgrounds, by the way. Plenty of 1911's will be there. The "Made in Turkey" 1911's are as close to a WW2 Colt you'll ever find in a new 1911, and they're half the price of a new name brand 1911. Stay away from Taurus and RIA guns. I've heard from multiple gunsmiths that they're good designs, but they use junk pot metal that doesn't last long. They may still be good for a nightstand gun that never goes to the range, though. Oh and you don't want tight tolerances in a 1911. I've had a couple Colts, a Turk and a new stainless steel Ruger... and the WW2 sporterized Colt was by far the most reliable and fed and cycled the best. The next Colt was race bred, stainless steel with the flared magwell and skeletonized trigger and hammer and Novak sights, etc... and the damn thing had tolerances so tight for better accuracy that it would heat up, swell shut and jam after the third mag dump. What good is accuracy if the slide doesn't move at all?!

Last edited:

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I’ve got a 1911 RIA, no issues with it yet, probably close to 2,000 rounds through it, still just as tight as the day I traded for it, don’t know how many rounds were put through it before I got it. Haven’t shot it in about 3 years , found a Llama 1911 that I liked way better and started shooting it, but the Llama is gone now, a coworker wanted it real bad. Don’t shoot like I used to due to ammo crisis. Used to have an old Remington Rand 1911 that was beat up and scratched up , wish I had kept it.

Top Bottom