Patriot Mobile

Collection of 73 guns for sale - Locked (reach out to the OP directly)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Price: $50-$1,700
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.

DETROIT

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am assisting a widow in liquidating the gun collection of my friend who was a retired LEO in Panama City. The list of 73 guns includes handguns, shotguns, and rifles. There are no AR-15s, 1911s, or Glocks. There are several Savage combination guns and two Drillings. There are several antique lever action rifles and muskets. The PDF document includes multiple pictures of each gun, so to make it easier I will send the list as an attachment to the email of all who request it. A cover letter will be included with details, terms, etc. At this point I am limiting to Florida private sales, but some of the collector items may eventually require out of state sales through FFL. Once the list has been thinned out I will list them individually here (probably in a couple of weeks). If you would like to receive the list please give me your email address. Thanks to all for helping this widow.

Attachments

• Master list PDF 6.pdf
      9.2 MB · Views: 161

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Since the PDF is uploaded here’s the text from the cover letter, minus his name and email contact info.

Please read it before you hassle the man with questions he already answered.

My only input to all involved (seller and buyers): PayPal (and Venmo, too, I think) is very Anti-2A. If they have a Hint that the transaction involves firearms, they will Freeze ALL accounts involved. Good luck getting that money for the widow then. If you insist on using those systems, be discreet, don’t mention a damn thing about what the money is for in any “comment” sections. A simple “Best Wishes” should suffice.

My 2-cents outta the way, here’s the cover letter text:

“Cover Letter & Instructions for Gun List
    This gun list is from estate of friend who was a retired Bay County Deputy Sheriff. I’m helping his widow dispose of his gun collection. In order toraise as much cash as possible for her, the asking prices are on the higher side of market value. After some time I will lower prices if necessary to get these guns sold. (FYI I am not receiving any payment for this service. My friend asked me to do this a few days before he died). Here are some other points to please keep in mind.

1. Feel free to make an offer on any item. I will present the offer to the widow (unless it is ridiculous). Don’t expect a response unless the offer is accepted. I currently have offers on several guns in the list.

2. These guns are being sold as is, with no warranty or guarantee of any kind. I have fired a couple of them with my friend, but that has been years ago. I am not an expert on antique and collectible firearms, so I cannot guarantee the authenticity of anything on this list. Obviously buyers will have the opportunity to inspect the guns before buying. No refunds after purchase.

3. Please do not contact his widow about any of this. We have agreed that all questions, offers, suggestions, complaints, etc. will be handled by me. She doesn't know about guns and she has enough stress in her life as is, so please work with me until further notice.

4. There is some ammo available, but it will be sold separately. I hope to get the ammo inventoried soon. There is quite a bit of reloaded ammo, but that cannot be legally sold as ammunition (without a special license from BATF)...only as components that must be pulled apart. One person in the club recently fired some of the reloaded ammo and had catastrophic failures. Some of it is clearly dangerous. I don't think the owner ever reloaded any ammo himself and I don't know the source of any of this, so it must be considered suspect. I personally loaded the 500 magnum ammo for him, but it still can only be sold as components.

5. Sales will be FCFS (first come first served). I know someone will be disappointed to find out somebody spoke for the gun 5 minutes before they did, but I don't know how to be more fair than this. I will send out all the emails at the same time. Please don't call or text me. To keep this fair, only the time of your email counts. (I already had three people claim the same gun, but the winning email was only four minutes ahead of the next one.)

6. We will set up some appointment times for groups to come over and get their guns. Cash is preferred, but Paypal and Venmo can be used if necessary (the Paypal and Venmo accounts are mine, so I will turn it into cash for the widow). FTF (face to face) only in Panama City. Must show Florida ID and attest that you are not legally prohibited from owning a gun. Florida CCW license is preferred. Bill of sale is available ifrequested.

7. Later on this list will be posted to a larger circle, including some FFL dealers. Even after the list goes out to them, the guns will still be available to you based on who gets their email to me first. I would recommend that you make your decision soon. I would not be surprised for several of these guns to be spoken for within a couple of hours.

8. If you ask for more pictures of certain details on certain guns, I may or may not around get to that for several days. I will be out of town frequently. And you will have to face the reality that the gun may sell while you are waiting/hoping for more pictures.

9. Some of the antique/collectible firearms may require close personal inspection before you commit to buy. That is understandable. If you speak for the gun but find it unacceptable upon personal inspection, you will be released from your commitment to buy. But once you have bought it no returns will be accepted.

10. No holds. No trades. No checks. No crypto currency.

11. Whew...I've tried to think of everything, but I'm sure other issues will arise. Please be patient with me in this process. I'm not a professional and I'm doing this on the side purely as a favor, because my friend asked me to do this before he died. Many hours have been spent on this project and many more will be required before we are finished. Thanks.”

trogers

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I am assisting a widow in liquidating the gun collection of my friend who was a retired LEO in Panama City. The list of 73 guns includes handguns, shotguns, and rifles. There are no AR-15s, 1911s, or Glocks. There are several Savage combination guns and two Drillings. There are several antique lever action rifles and muskets. The PDF document includes multiple pictures of each gun, so to make it easier I will send the list as an attachment to the email of all who request it. A cover letter will be included with details, terms, etc. At this point I am limiting to Florida private sales, but some of the collector items may eventually require out of state sales through FFL. Once the list has been thinned out I will list them individually here (probably in a couple of weeks). If you would like to receive the list please give me your email address. Thanks to all for helping this widow.
    Yes please send pdf to djanm@protonmail.com

Rudddw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    rudddw@hotmail.com

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    To everyone who still hasn’t seen the list, he emailed a PDF of the list and a Cover Letter explaining a bunch of details. DETROIT uploaded the list in this thread (Post #55), and I copy/pasted the Cover Letter text (minus the last line contact info for the OP).
    So, go read Post #55 and Post #57.

EDIT: Looks like some posts were deleted, so the list PDF and the Cover Letter text are now posts #50 & #51.

Last edited:

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Alright yall - the list has been posted to this thread. No more posting your emails on this thread and bumping it. :)

I'm sure he has tons of emails to get through.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom