• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Can anyone recommend a cold cure cerakote that is durable? Anyone have experience using anything like this? I don't have the option to bake a cerakote finish and am looking for a product similar to cerakote that can air cure and still be as strong. I'll be using a preval sprayer to apply it. Here is a pic of the sprayer I'll be using. I've used it for a ton of other applications and it works as a HVLP sprayer that's disposable or rechargeable. Thanks for any input and real use experience. Mainly looking for FDE finishes, but other color options would be awesome.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have applied the non bake black Cerakote on offroad bumpers and brackets, etc. It was flat and ugly and no difference in durability than VHT paint. I went back to using VHT "roll bar" or "suspension" paint for stuff that cant fit in my oven.

Not sure how flat the FDE non bake cerakote would be but they do sell an air dry clear coat that applies super thin that I have used and like. That might add a matte finish or so.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just sprayed the c series air cure cerakote tonight on an upper I had. Used a preval sprayer and it laid down pretty good. The 5 day cure kinda sucks, but I'll see how it holds up. If I don't like it, I'm gonna have to find a large counter top oven to bake a regular cerakote in. The preval sprayers are pretty awesome. Been using them for years for paint and gelcoat work. Sprayed the cerkaote pretty good as far as I can tell. I'll see how well it laid down in the morning after sitting for several hours. I'm not looking to cerakote anything too large, so I may just buy the biggest counter top oven I can find and use regular cerakote to avoid the 5 day curing time.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Just sprayed the c series air cure cerakote tonight on an upper I had. Used a preval sprayer and it laid down pretty good. The 5 day cure kinda sucks, but I'll see how it holds up. If I don't like it, I'm gonna have to find a large counter top oven to bake a regular cerakote in. The preval sprayers are pretty awesome. Been using them for years for paint and gelcoat work. Sprayed the cerkaote pretty good as far as I can tell. I'll see how well it laid down in the morning after sitting for several hours. I'm not looking to cerakote anything too large, so I may just buy the biggest counter top oven I can find and use regular cerakote to avoid the 5 day curing time.

A buddy of mine bought a used electric stove/oven off of craigslist for $100 and plugged it in outside - otherwise it is in the corner of his garage. It gives you plenty of room inside.

He did his first one inside and said he would not ever do that again because of the smell - said it lasted a long time in the house.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    We use an electric smoker to cure our H series cerakote. Works great, and they are on clearance all the time.
    Nice, I never thought of that route. They'll get up to temp enough and have racks large enough to host a handguard and can do a barrel vertically. I'm gonna have to look into one of them.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dammit, if it was still July, I'd say leave it in your garage for a week.......

Top Bottom