• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, after only owning my first ever brand new vehicle for a week, I pulled into the garage (too far) and dented the bumper :shocked:. (Look, I'm used to driving smaller cars ok?)

700 miles on the odometer, and I had already done damage, I was beside myself.

I stopped by Cockrell's and talked to Robert about what my options were including some custom paint work that I had considered having done on the truck, and now had cause to follow up with.

Robert gave me an estimate, and I spoke to the painter, Mike, explaining that I was one of "those particular guys" very thoroughly, and that I would expect a perfect job. Robert and Mike assured me that I would be happy and I set my appointment.

Throughout the process there were several "creative" questions since I was having them change a few things from the factory configuration, and they were in constant contact and put up with my endless questions while figuring out the best way to tackle the job, did I mention that I am particular?

When I picked the vehicle up, it was exactly how I wanted it, there was paint where there should be, and there wasn't any paint where there shouldn't be. Everything looks fantastic, and their work set my truck apart from others on the road.

I'd like to thank Mike, Austin, and Robert at Cockrell's for taking such good care of my vehicle, its not often that someone as picky as me can have their expectations met, let alone exceeded.

I am sure most shops don't typically look forward to customers like me, but Cockrell's took the challenge and passed with flying colors.

Ask for Austin (the Body Man) and Mike, (the Painter AKA The Wombat) and I can tell you first hand without a doubt that these 2 guys and Cockrell's can handle the most particular of customers!

Before: ( Lots of Chrome and a DENT )

photo (13).JPG

After: (All color matched, NO DENT! )

photo (12).JPG

Attachments

• photo (12).JPG
      photo (12).JPG
      52.4 KB · Views: 226
    • photo (13).JPG
      photo (13).JPG
      57.8 KB · Views: 231

MsChief

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Garages are tricky. I have to have a hanging tennis ball or some kind of visual marker to park in a garage. Granted, I'm a girl. Sorry to hear that you damaged your truck so soon after getting it, but glad to hear you got great service! :panda:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just try to; you know, not hit shit...... :whistle:

You try parking a big truck in a smallish garage with a wiener all in your face and see how effective you are! Every single time I go to pull in, he wants to be climbing around all over the steering wheel distracting me... Yeah thats right, I am blaming the dog...

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You try parking a big truck in a smallish garage with a wiener all in your face and see how effective you are! Every single time I go to pull in, he wants to be climbing around all over the steering wheel distracting me... Yeah thats right, I am blaming the dog...

I umm, well, umm, don't even know where to begin dissecting that...... :shocked:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I umm, well, umm, don't even know where to begin dissecting that...... :shocked:

I'm just talking about parking my truck in my garage with my dog on my lap... You're always trying to twist my words. :nono:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dang good looking truck.
    I once bought a new 1984 Ford (custom ordered). It had 60 miles on it and I was sitting at the light at Fairfield and Davis. Some idiot bumped me from behind.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was in the business I got in a new Pontiac Bonneville (yes, that long ago) with less than 600 miles on it, front end completely wiped. Did the whole job including frame straightening, new front fenders, hood, radiator, core support, grill, bumper, the whole nine yards. When we were done with it we sent it downtown to Stephen's Beeline for a front end alignment. I called the customer and told him he could pick his car up at 3:00 PM. He got there a few minutes early and as we waited for his vehicle to show up we stood out front and chatted. Just as the wrecker towing it slowed down to turn into the shop some dude in an old Falcon SW slammed into it at around 40 Mph. Not only took out the rear of the car but drove the new front into the back of the wrecker. The customer and I both just stood there slack jawed. I really thought he was going to go off but he busted out laughing about it. Insurance company totaled it that time around.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I think it was intentional, You didn't like that bumper and a few other things.. Weiner dog my asss!!

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your dealings with Cockrell's was much better than mine. They made it right, but they should have done it right the first time.

Top Bottom