• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrwigglezdj

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well story is my brother in Jacksonville is running an over sea company out of Australia called inox and he rattled off all sorts if ear popping info and sent me products to try one being inox mx3 in spray can and one in a squirt bottle with needle type applicator for deep small areas.

Claims rust cleaner and preventer, lubrication for all moving parts and I couldn't detect odor like wd-40 Ect.

It used on my guns and put back in safe and hope I don't get rust or negative results .

But was curious if others use their products for their firearms or other applications like automotive or production since the company has food grade grease and electrical grade lube for brushes on electric motors.

And what feedback can you offer on what your thoughts are

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Man, how are you??I have American Gun Oil, seems to work good an is odorless, let me know how that new stuff works out may need to purchase some if possible?? Hope all is well with you , grandsons wearing them cammo clothes an boots, thanks again so much!! Have a blessed day, Denny in pace!!

mrwigglezdj

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm doing good , hope you're well yourself.
    I'm very glad that those items found a great home and a young man will be able to put them to good use

I have to say on the inox subject, my firearms after. A week are perfect just as when I use Remington cleaner in spray can which is nice to see. I don't notice excessive collection of dust on anything I really like that aspect.

Now as for automotive use, I had to play road ranger and make the trek from Milton to Macon ga. To fix my ex wife's car that dropped a wheel bearing while attending her grannies memorial services and I dragged my tools press and all and can of mx3 to test on stuck bolts.

The rear hub on the car has 4 bolts holding and they would not budge ( couldnt use breaker bar due to no space) I sprayed heavy on both exposed sides of bolts.. watched it evaporate then applied more and watched again.

With the assistance of a hammer tapping the ratchet (tried sane method un treated) all bolts came free without excessive beating or force.

And I sprayed a ratchet that had been submerged and rust formed (worked fine just a little hard removing sockets and switching direction of ratchet) after spraying and wipe off working order was acceptable for something uncared for

But if anyone would like to use some of my inox items first hand for giggles and grins if I'm close or your close to me (back gate whiting field in Milton) I am more the. Glad to let you demo at your own risk tho I don't have the knowledge base to be able to say yes its ok on that plastic or rubber Ect or oh no it won't stain. I would be lying if I said otherwise.

I'm going to call my brother and see if he can email/mail some more descriptive info that's factual and inox word to help prevent anything negative with our beloved firearms.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Morn. Sir, yea always interested in new stuff that works, fixing to change out my boat trailer lugs, rusted to the point I am concerned about getting them off!! You ever heard of airocrol [ not spelled right] its in a orange can, you wont see it at any auto parts store, got some along time ago at a plant I was working in, it says on the can [the oil that creeps] I think I have a little left for those lug nuts? Hope you have a blessed day, me an my daughter have been having a dad-daughter week, wife in vegas visiting her 102yr. old grandmother, at 102 an very active!!! PS. picked up an ar in 6.8 cal. an love it!!!My new deer rifle, later , Denny in pace!!

benchrest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    fishingjean i still use kroil,they have it at pensacola hardware downtown and its stil in a orange can

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea I have had 6-cans for along time , good stuff , some cans so old they have lost pressure, icepick, LOL Never bought any always had some in some plants I worked in, an some kind folks gave me some!!! Hard to beat!! Denny in pace!!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I would have to see their claims for weapons, tests for lubricity and heat tolerance before using on a gun. I use Froglube and got away from petroleum product on my guns. WD 40 is not recommended, there is another WD product that rates pretty good though.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Always good to try other stuff cause you never know...I use Strike Hold on all my guns/mechanics/electrical what nots....

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wasn't talking bout putting the kroil on guns, just rusted nuts, bolts, boat trailer lugs, its an industrial grade rust getter, it says on the can [the oil that creeps] I watched some onetime an it didn't creep at all LOL!!!! Denny in pace!!

mrwigglezdj

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My brother is gathering info for us that I can post but said this in our text

I got 2 products their going nuts for for firearms and two firearms manufacturer in Florida

Top Bottom