• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Magnetospeed has saved me more money doing load development. It captures every shot and does not use light. I wasted a ton of ammo trying to get the master beta to pick up a shot. I always read about single digit SDs but could never produce them with the master beta. Turns out it was my chrono not my reloads. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016429780?pid=896627

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Magnetospeed has saved me more money doing load development. It captures every shot and does not use light. I wasted a ton of ammo trying to get the master beta to pick up a shot. I always read about single digit SDs but could never produce them with the master beta. Turns out it was my chrono not my reloads. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016429780?pid=896627
    The Magnetospeed units are to me the easiest to use, no stands ,ect to take with you, just strap on the BBl. and go.
    AND, they make models that will "talk" to your "dingle Berry", "Maxi pad" or other carried communication devices.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    the only drawback for me with one is I believe it would change barrel harmonics and you would experience shifts if you were trying to dial in accuracy where you don't have that with other types. One of the pluses about the radar and magnetospeed is it is set up behind the muzzle or just under and if you are at a public range some don't like stuff out 10' in front of the shooter.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Labradar is definitely the way to go with multiple guns on a range outing or for shooting for accuracy. I feel that my magnetospeed is more accurate. Every 25 shots or so I get a random speed from my labradar. I usually delete and move forward. My magneto never does this

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Every 25 shots or so I get a random speed from my labradar.
    I believe I experienced this anomaly shooting this weekend using one. Rocking along with a ES of 12 and a SD of 4.6 o_O on one group.
    Then a round that was 80fps faster in another group..throw that one out and It was ES of 25 and SD of 11.7

Top Bottom