• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I wonder if the radar software was corrupted and they recently fixed it. Makes ya wonder
    Ikr. Makes ya wonder what we'll be missing if they're tuned to small, slow stuff. The big fast stuff may now get thru. You'd think we today could do both. Even if that means needing 2 different arrays per station. What a cluster*&^%

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Took 2 missiles to down the one over Lake Huron. 1st one missed, did we give all the good ones away??
    Buddy of mine texted me today and said they used a practice inert missile to shoot one down. I replied the same thing. I said that they likely had to since they sent all the real ones to Ukraine

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Took 2 missiles to down the one over Lake Huron. 1st one missed, did we give all the good ones away??
    The F16 has the M61A1 .20mm gatlin gun, would have been allot cheaper than $500,000 air to air missiles ‍

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let's hope sleepy Joe is out of his "let's shoot down balloons" phase by Thanksgiving!

th (3).jpg
    th (2).jpg
    th (1).jpg

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I said it before and I'll say it again, they should have sent an older model plane up there. With machine guns on it

Screenshot_20230215-055253.png

Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah a slow moving plane like a biplane would be ideal. So would it's auto cannons or MGs. Several problems tho. The bullets will only pop a latex style balloon. The other big saggy low pressure ones can take alot of damage. They say they shot one once 1000 times and it didn't kill it. I call bs on that tho as it would yes kill it, but make it drop very slowly. Which should be ideal if ya wanna inspect it later. I'm just not sure what guns they use now that can fight ground tanks etc that can also auto explode before hitting the ground like the old ww2 planes used for air to air fights. Maybe these Vulcans can't do that. Not sure tbh
    The reason why we're stuck with the planes and guns like those is an old biplane is because the balloons are so high up that the air is too thin for those. They'll choke out due to low oxygen and just not have fast enough motors to keep them aloft up there. So that's why they was forced to use a F22 etc
    Last and one of the bigger fears pilots of fast jets like those have is the fact the balloon is so small of a target sometimes, plus it being a low speed makes it tricky to deal with. They have to fly basically nose first, head on straight at it. Then wait as long as possible before firing to help ensure accuracy. Then once the strafe is finished they then have to pull up really hard to make sure they don't hit it. So hard that the G forces are very extreme. So they basically have to play chicken at a few hundred MPH. Each balloon is unique also. So trying to gauge its distance visually is tricky too while at those speeds.
    Then after all that's said and done, they look for any excuse ways to get real world practice. I think I heard they used an F16 to down one. Maybe it was a lower balloon is why?
    I think this is pretty good proof tho that are lasers we keep bragging about aren't as mobile and ready as we keep saying tho. That would seem like the absolute cheapest and best way to knock these out to me.

44Ruger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don't believe for one second we haven't bettered the F15 flights which happened in 1975. Per the YT video it was the 17th F15 built and used the standard Pratt and Whitney F100 engines.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Looks like FJB and the gang knew about it the whole time....

It's all a dog and pony show to pull the wool over the sheep's eyes. I heard from Day One that there was no way we didn't know where it came from or what it was

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I think both Russia and China, Russia for sure tho... can shoot down satellites with missiles now. I recall seeing a video some time ago saying they tested it too

Top Bottom