• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMac22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Someone put a lot of time and effort into writing what looks to be a half-bit slam piece.

Whoever wrote this has a lot of extra time on their hands.. & they apparently value their own opinion a hell of a lot more than I do.

That being said.. Is it just me.. or does the Vernacular seem kinda familiar?
    In my opinion, seems similar to some of the wording and sentence structure from some of the rants I have read before on the buyer/seller review forum...

RustedBolt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am an FNG that lurked here for months before I joined. I did that on the advice of a friend who used to be stationed in NWF. I will say that this forum has a very tight set of unspoken rules and a member hierarchy that makes me not want reach out join the forum's shooting/hunting community. I limit that folks I meet at Church and work. Very different from when I lived in and was a forum member in UT, NM, TX and MD. There, most the friends I made I met on gun/hunting/shooting forums. Here it is mostly a place to buy/sell and MAYBE a reloading post here and there.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I am an FNG that lurked here for months before I joined. I did that on the advice of a friend who used to be stationed in NWF. I will say that this forum has a very tight set of unspoken rules and a member hierarchy that makes me not want reach out join the forum's shooting/hunting community. I limit that folks I meet at Church and work. Very different from when I lived in and was a forum member in UT, NM, TX and MD. There, most the friends I made I met on gun/hunting/shooting forums. Here it is mostly a place to buy/sell and MAYBE a reloading post here and there.
    You joined after armslist became a paid site, so the for sale traffic is up at least 100% from a couple years ago.
    Do you base a forum that has sale posts on who you want to become friends with? I'm just trying to understand how you think. I've met probably 25 people off this forum and none of them have been unpleasant. Don't want to argue with you or change your mind.
    Glad you're here.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    RustedBolt, there are a bunch of good guys here with tons of firearm knowledge.
    Cargunguy was the exception. I think he was pretty much a troll, always stirring the pot.
    He reminded me of a kid that grew up poor, saved $50,000 and thinks he’s wealthy.
    His “everybody is poor but me” line got old fast.
    The classifieds section has exploded since Armslist started charging for ads. Lots of new members.
    But I do believe that a lot of the active members are on the older side and might’ve curtailed their hunting. I know I have.
    A lot of the “member hierarchy” is just pure banter, not mean-spirited.
    I think most forums have a few very active members that seem to dominate.
    I guarantee that if you treat everyone with respect, the favor will be returned by the established members.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Cargunguy knew his guns. He had knowledgeable posts when he wasn't going off about something.
    I try to read everything I can. I know where the trigger is. Still looking for the barrel lol. The guys here know their stuff.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think some of us just need a break from the internet sometimes.

The way he words that sounds bitter and mentally unstable or simply trolling. Who cares.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom